Fashion Designer Los Angeles, United States
Designer is needed in Los Angeles, United States.
Who We Are
Funstigators is a quickly growing apparel company focusing mostly on bright, sparkly, flamboyant clothing primarily aimed at the music festival and performance world. We design and produce both men’s and women’s products here in Los Angeles (but to date ~90% of sales are men’s) using mostly spandex/stretch materials, lots of holographic fabrics and lots of bright crazy prints. We take having fun very seriously.
A passionate designer who gets what we’re about, understands festival culture, and wants to not only be on the team, but grow the brand and community. We are looking for someone to create the designs we have in mind quickly with few iterations, but also to dream up new products and designs of their own that fit with the brand voice.
This is a PART TIME (contractor) position to start (so compensation will be on an hourly/project to project basis), but our long term goal may be to find a designer who becomes a full time permanent member of our brand team.
- Dreaming up and designing fun new products! Start to finish!
- Building tech packs (is a plus)
- Pattern making
- Sample new designs (with our sample makers or sew yourself)
- Fittings of new and old patterns across different fabrics
- Assist in sourcing/ordering new fabrics & prints
- Research/keep up with festival fashion & culture
- Must have a car & be willing to pick up/drop off materials around LA/Fashion Dist
- Fashion degree and 2+ years industry experience preferred
- Be able to turn designs around fast in few iterations
- Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) is a big plus!
- Some Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design skills
- CREATIVE & forward thinking! Someone who wants to create UNIQUE and FUN designs!
- Experience with STRETCH fabrics a must, exp w/ performance athletics specifically a plus
- Excellent knowledge of garment construction & industry methods
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently & great follow up skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects/patterns at once, great communication & organisational skills
- Enthusiasm about brand & desire to be part of our family!
- Please look at our products first to get a feel for our brand.
If you’re excited to be a powerful contribution to our team, send:
-a copy of your resume
-two references of who you have designed for and online samples of work if possible
-A little about WHY you want to join our company.
- $20.00 to $50.00 /hour
Full Time Opportunity
- One location
This Company Describes Its Culture as
- Detail-oriented – quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented – results-focused with strong performance culture
- Monday to Friday
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your hourly rate budget range? (USD)
$35-50 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page