Isovera is looking for a self-directed, dependable, and enthusiastic Drupal
developer to join our freelance team. As an award-winning web development agency, Isovera helps leading brands and forward-thinking organizations transform through digital solutions. We utilize development processes based on Agile that let us work in a flexible, distributed, and deeply collaborative environment, with an emphasis on peer review and pair programming. Most of our work centers on the Drupal platform, and we are strongly committed to participating in and contributing back to the open source Drupal community.
As a freelance web developer at Isovera, you will work on project teams
typically comprising project managers, front-end and back-end developers, and designers. You ll also have the opportunity to regularly interact directly with our clients across a variety of sectors and industries. Current and former clients include organizations such as Pega systems, Verizon Wireless, Boston Dynamics, Harvard University, and Hunter Boots.
- Participation in project architecture discussions and decisions
- Develop, deliver, and maintain performance and cost-effective Drupal web sites
- Produce high quality documentation within and across projects
- Contribute to projects that share Isovera s innovations back with the larger Drupal community
- Bring your creative thinking, curiosity, strategies, and ideas to advance Isovera s values and culture
- Experienced Drupal 8 site builder, deep knowledge of core and contributed modules, and Composer package manager
- Proficient at Object-Oriented PHP development and best practices
- Comfort using Docker and containerized environments
- Comfort with SQL, relational databases such as MySQL, and migration APIs
- Experience with search technologies such as Apache Solr
- Proficiency working with Git, pull requests, and code reviews
- Excellent command of Linux/MacOS CLI and Drush
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies
- Strong work ethic and ability to work on a remote/distributed team
- Ability to effectively interact with clients using superb written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work productively with minimal supervision
- Interest in learning, and self-initiated delving into new languages, tools, frameworks
- Enthusiastic and creative problem-solving skills
- Awareness of current trends and best practices in web development/technologies
- Attention to detail while managing your time across multiple projects
To apply, please submit the following
- Cover letter
- Work examples (GitHub or other repo, portfolio)
Isovera provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a
covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Based just outside of Boston, we are an award-winning strategic website design and development firm with nearly two decades of experience creating top-tier solutions on the Drupal platform. Our dedication to forward-thinking collaborative workflow delivers consistently high-quality results no matter which point in a project we are engaged. Whether working as a development partner, engaging in strategy and design consulting, or holding custom Drupal workshops and training, our team at Isovera is committed to delivering real value for clients every step of the way.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$300-500 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
No, we can work online
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page