Website Designer Reading, United Kingdom
Web Designer is needed in Reading, United Kingdom.
We are looking for someone to re-design our current website.
You will be working directly with the Creative Marketing Manager to re-design, improve, up-date and adjust the website. The job will include both the layout of the website, use of imagery and to edit the content.
We need someone who has an eye for design, is not afraid to bring new ideas to the table and manage their own time. Whilst you will be working with the Marketing manager for the brief and to generate new ideas, you will be re-designing the website yourself.
This is a great opportunity for a website designer to showcase their individual skills and start to build a portfolio. An ideal opportunity for someone who is looking to get stuck in and gain valuable work experience.
Whilst this position is temporary, there is an opportunity to continue on a freelance basis for other upcoming digital projects at UK Cold Ltd.
- This is a part time position (weekdays only). Start and finish time to be discussed with candidate.
- To design sample page layouts including text size and colours
- Designing the website’s visual imagery and ensuring it’s in line with company branding policy and requirements
- Meeting relevant legal requirements such as accessibility standards, freedom of information and privacy
- Proofreading content and making changes where necessary
- Good knowledge of Search engine optimisation and how to implement it
- Website design and development through code
- Debugging code
- Testing the website to ensure it is working efficiently
- Web coding and HTML - able to use Word-press (current website platform)
- Excellent knowledge of website trends, techniques and technologies
- Great attention to detail with an eye for design
- Creative flare
- Knowledge of Adobe software (InDesign, Photoshop & AI)
- Good text analysis and sub-proofing copy text
- Good teamwork and communication skills
- Able to manage own time and work independently when required
Qualifications & Knowledge
- Graphic design
- Multimedia web design
- Web design
- No qualification yet but able to demonstrate proficiency in field.
A Little About Us
We’re a small business in Reading, who provide Cold Storage and Food Preparation solutions from the food and catering industry to the pharmaceutical and hygienic industry.
Some of our top previous clients include the likes of the NHS, Domino’s Pizza, Papa Johns, Subway and more.
If this role sounds like something you are interested in, please email your CV, a covering letter and examples of your portfolio.
- Flexible working hours
- Casual dress
- 2 months
- 15-20 per week
- Part-time, Temporary, Internship
- £10.00 /hour
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your hourly rate budget range? (USD)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page