Production Graphic Designer
Do your keen eye for detail and strong creative background crave a fast-paced environment? Does your understanding of print and digital production need a home where it can consistently delight clients with deliverables that nail their brand every time? Do you know the difference between CMYK and RGB and why the two should never live on the same plate?
Jute Creative is a brand communications agency based in Portland, Oregon. We provide a commitment to flexibility, ownership and autonomy with teammates who inspire, and we are seeking a production designer to join our production design division, Jute Studio. Ready to drive efficiency while maintaining quality? Let’s talk.
And, hey, we know you’re more than your resume. If you don’t check every box but feel confident you’d rock this role, tell us how your skills apply and let’s get to know each other.
As a production graphic designer in Jute Studio, you will:
- Collaborate closely with project managers.
- Prepare final, press-ready files based on supplied specifications for several types of printing.
- Review files for accuracy of content and final-output requirements.
- Make various formats of supplied design production-ready and resolve any design issues that arise during production.
- Perform minor image manipulation.
- Package and preflight files for release to printers or media partners.
- Create PDFs for print and client review.
- Prepare images for online and mobile applications.
- Follow a timeline to ensure tasks are completed on time.
- 4-year degree or certification in graphic design or related field of study or 5 years of practical experience in lieu of degree.
- 3+ years in a production-design role.
- Strong understanding of file building, preparation and preflight.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to disseminate and organize design direction.
- Creative-suite expertise with emphasis on InDesign and Illustrator.
- PowerPoint and/or Keynote acumen a plus.
- Strong MS Suite skills.
- Google suite skills.
- Experience level: Intermediate
- $40.00 to $50.00 /hour
- Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications
Full Time Opportunity
- Fully Remote
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your hourly rate budget range? (USD)
$35-50 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page