As a UI Architect, you will be creating innovative digital solutions that will make health care more accessible, more integrated, and more reliable for more people, both online and in our stores. In the role of UI Architect you will engage in the architecture, design, implementation, and documentation of UI architecture within team. This role is also hands-on and needs leading by example with proof of concepts, reference implementations and supporting architectural guides in addition to presenting and evangelizing this work. This role is also ideal for a Sr UI Engineer looking to get into UI Architecture. Some of the responsibilities include:
What will you be doing?
- Building POCs. Help and support developers in implementing architectural suggestions and guidelines.
- Pushing the envelope in adopting new technologies, best design practices to ensure our products are the best in usability.
- Learning the applications capabilities and ensure the technical feasibility of UI designs.
- Providing technical and architectural support to UI team members and being a team player.
- Contribute to architecture, design, and implementation of enterprise class UI.
- Conducting design and code reviews with a major focus on best user experience, performance, scalability, security and future expansion.
- The person in this role is expected to be innovative and to coach others to be innovative.
- Direct, and produce technical designs/architectures at a project, product, and program level with proficiency in the areas of design/UI integrity, service continuity, component redundancy, security, etc.
- Collaborate with visual, experience designers and engineers to implement new features.
- Mentor and coach junior engineers and seek opportunity to bring in continuous improvements to implement front-end best practices.
- Work closely with project team members (UX designers, Product Management, Business Analysts, Software Developers)
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of experience on UI frameworks such as AngularJS, JQuery, Ajax, CSS, HTML5, CSS pre-processors (SASS, LESS etc.)
- Experience with responsive, adaptive UI design and development
- Experience with BackboneJS, Angular, Polymer and other popular front-end frameworks.
- Basic Knowledge of NodeJS and related server side concepts.
- Extensive experience working on ES6/ES7/ES8, UI Middleware.
- Experience working on:
- UI sharing: Web Components, Micro-frontends, Control/Pattern libraries and tools
- State management: Flux, Redux, NGRX and related patterns
- Packaging and bundling technologies and library management tools
- Detail oriented, cross-browser implementation aware and hands on performance optimizations.
- UX success factors accessibility, usability and aesthetics
- Develop micro-components, micro services and deploy on cloud platforms like GCP, Amazon EC2, Azur etc.
- Server-side: micro-services, CDNs, data caches and stores
- Jenkins, CI/CD Pipeline, GIT and other DevOps principles
- A systems thinker, able to move fluidly between high-level abstract thinking and detail-oriented implementation; open minded to new ideas, approaches, and possesses the technical ability to implement ideas.
- Experience working with Agile development frameworks.
- A self-starter that is naturally inquisitive, requiring only small pieces to the puzzle, across many technologies – new and legacy.
- BS degree in Computer Science
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$300-500 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
No, we can work online
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page