DAYS: Product Designer Los Altos, United States
Product Designer is needed in Los Altos, United States.
Product designer with a true passion for simplicity and beauty, needed to join Event Organisation team, DAYS.
DAYS helps families celebrate their traditions and create memories together. Whether it’s Hanukkah (Jewish), Diwali (Indian) or Lunar New Year (Chinese), they offer holiday boxes containing everything their customers need to celebrate with their loved ones: original holiday gear, activities, recipes, games and much more.
DAYS are a young, dynamic company with rave reviews and large and loyal customer base. After gaining incredible momentum in the marketplace, they’re looking to expand their team with the addition of a designer who will lead the design and development of their main line of products.
The ideal designer will have the motivation and drive to turn ideas into designs, and see them through from conception to manufacture - be it physical or digital. As the lead designer, you’ll be an excellent collaborator and communicator, with the capacity to work well both in house with the DAYS team, and externally with DAYS’ partners and associates. The core responsibility of this role lies in translating traditions into engaging, relevant and meaningful experiences that are both digital and physical: in essence, creating and designing activities, holiday gear, craft projects and how-to guides.
- Lead the design of one of the DAYS product lines.
- Research and collaborate with cultural experts and the DAYS user base to design fresh, engaging and culturally accurate content and experiences.
- Create concepts and prototypes based on existing design guidelines and philosophy.
- Create final digital and physical designs, and translate them according to their necessary digital and manufacturing specifications.
- Closely collaborate with the DAYS creative team and commissioned artists.
- Follow the manufacturing process from the spec and prototype stages, through iterations and all the way to a final high-quality product.
- Design product packaging.
- Design the products’ instructional, promotional and additional materials (print, online/digital/video) in collaboration with DAYS design and production professionals.
- Conduct user testing and research.
- A degree in Industrial/Product Design - a Master’s in Interaction Design is a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant design experience, and 2+ years of leadership experience.
- A strong portfolio is a must.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, and 3D design software.
- Knowledge of and a passion for Chinese culture and traditions a plus.
- A genuine passion for DIY and crafts.
- Experience of working with a Start-up.
- Experience in photo and video editing is a plus.
This is a full-time position in Los Altos, CA, and while there is flexibility for working from home, they would require you to collaborate in person and be on-site part of the time post-COVID-19.
In what capacity are you hiring?
On behalf of another company
Where are you in the hiring process?
I’m ready to make a paid hire
Would you like to state a preference for hiring from underrepresented group(s)?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
Is this an independent one off job, or part of a larger project?
Part of a larger ongoing project
For what period of time will the freelancer be needed?
What freelancer experience level is needed? (per hour)
Mid-level (Industry Average): $35-75