WEBTOON: Social Media Content Producer & Visual Designer
Social Media Content Creator & Visual Designer needed to join WEBTOON - a world leader in digital entertainment with over 72 million unique monthly readers. WEBTOON are a rapidly growing digital entertainment company and storytelling platform with users and creators from all over the world. Users come ready to learn, contribute, and get excited about the opportunity to work alongside people of different backgrounds and work styles.
The chosen designer will develop the WEBTOON social media creative strategy, by creating impactful social creative that’s compelling and on-trend, with engaging visuals to improve brand loyalty, community growth, and ultimately the growth of WEBTOON. As an integral role on the WEBTOON creative team, you will work with internal and external stakeholders across Marketing, Content, Digital Partnerships, and Advertising to drive organic growth of the brand. You will have the rare opportunity of defining an exceptional, young and growing brand across social channels.
- This role is 50/50 conceptualizing and executing. You must be able to not only ideate and pitch your own create concepts to your peers and management, but also work with a team to execute others’ ideas when needed.
- Work closely with the Creative Director and Social Media Manager on the @Webtoon/@WebtoonOfficial accounts across all social platforms including, but not limited to, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Facebook and Reddit.
- Immerse yourself in WEBTOON’s content library. Conceptualize and execute content for all social channels, with clear understanding of how users engage with social creative across formats and platforms.
- Execute compelling, stylish visual content to support the social editorial calendar. Understand the difference between authentic and produced content—and the right time to leverage each one.
- Work together with the social team to understand performance and growth and use the findings to adjust creative for optimizing posts.
- Work with external brands to creatively support partnerships to increase brand exposure to new audiences.
- Stay on top of social user trends and shifting behavior to be a social trendsetter and elevate WEBTOON’s key IP characters and stories in the social space.
- 2-3 years of experience in a creative agency, production company, or in-house at a brand creating social-first content.
- Able to generate unique, fun, quirky ideas to elevate the brand’s social media presence and drive organic engagement.
- Experience with animation and motion graphics, prepping assets for motion as well as animating simple compositions is preferable.
- Your portfolio showcases extensive social media creative work including concepts you have conceptualized yourself, and those you have worked on as part of a larger team.
- Entertainment, gaming, digital media, or publishing industry experience as a major plus.
- Mastery of key programs in the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere Pro).
- Can effectively cope with change, shift gears comfortably, decide and act without having the total picture. Cut your own way through ambiguity and engaging management smartly when needed.
- Team player ready to roll your sleeves up to help your teammates deliver great creative on schedule.
This is a 3 month temporary position with opportunity to extend.
Please send your social accounts displaying your ideas and understanding of how to leverage best creative practices to engage followers. Please also submit an online portfolio of creative work for social media.
In what capacity are you hiring?
On behalf of another company
Where are you in the hiring process?
I’m ready to make a paid hire
Would you like to state a preference for hiring from underrepresented group(s)?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
Is this an independent one off job, or part of a larger project?
Part of a larger ongoing project
For what period of time will the freelancer be needed?
More than a week
What freelancer experience level is needed? (per hour)
Mid-level (Industry Average): $35-75