DesignGood: Graphic Designer
Designer wanted to ad to close-knit team at DesignGood, a boutique branding firm proudly based in Austin, Texas. You’ll be working virtually so DesignGood need someone who can work effectively and efficiently independently within the defined systems and processes. You must have excellent communication and organization skills, and will work a set schedule every week Monday-Friday with regular team meetings and check-ins with the project manager via zoom.
If you live in Austin there is an opportunity to train in their office for the first 3-4 weeks.
The successful designer will be producing a variety of beautiful, highly custom work that helps DesignGood clients launch or accelerate their businesses. And as a key contributor to the team, you’ll put all of your creativity and insight to use as you help shape the direction of work alongside the creative director and founder, Kristin Moses.
- Create beautiful designs, including logos, branding elements, websites, email templates, digital brochures + decks, infographics signage and packaging. Please review the DesignGood portfolio here, to get a sense of the level of work produced and expected.
- Contribute to the team’s big-picture thinking and develop solutions that drive clients’ success and the success of the business.
- Set up and organize files for web and print, and deliver brand assets to the team and clients.
- Take creative direction from DesignGood founder Kristin Moses. Collaborate closely with other members of the team, including the designers, programmers, copywriters and the project manager.
- Your portfolio must be strong in identity and branding.
- Examples of web design work - you don’t need to know how to program, but you will need to understand how websites work and have experience designing them. Website design will be a part of every client project that occurs.
- Your portfolio should show that you can take an initial brand design and extend it across a variety of applications - including print and digital/web.
- You should have work samples that are similar to projects completed.
- Have strong layout skills.
- Understand how to set up files correctly and efficiently for web, print, and digital.
- A problem solver, and lover of organization and systems.
- Have 3+ years’ experience working in identity, brand, web and digital design.
- Design studio or agency experience is a major plus.
- Designed multiple websites in the past.
- You’ve worked in small, collaborative teams and have experience working remotely
- You can create identity systems, website design and other marketing collateral from concept to design to execution.
- You can produce design specifications/style guides.
- Deep knowledge of graphic design, layout, typography, color, icon development, corporate identity and branding.
- Knowledge of mobile experience and responsive design is a must.
- You’re an ace at Adobe Cloud/CS and Sketch which are used to layout websites.
- You understand website functionality overall, and how set up and prep web files for production
- You’re familiar with prepress and print, and how to set up and prep print files for production.
- You know how to test websites and provide feedback prior to launch.
- You can work closely with developers (but you don’t need to know how to code yourself.)
- You have some basic project management know-how.
- You’re a stickler for project timelines, guidelines and budgets.
- Juggling multiple projects is no big deal for you.
- You know how to make the best use of your time amid competing priorities.
- You’re always thinking one step ahead.
- You’re resourceful and a problem-solver.
- You listen deeply. You have the insight to understand clients’ needs and goals. And you can translate that understanding into creating solutions.
- You generate and share ideas during the creative process.
- You communicate clearly and pleasantly - in person, on the phone, via email.
- You offer tactful, constructive feedback.
- You can stay flexible and engaged through the revision process.
- You’re willing to jump in when needed.
Who DesignGood Are
Creating and building brands for over 16+ years, DesignGood are devoted to working collaboratively with clients toward the development of their brand and voice. Working with entrepreneurs and organizations all over the U.S. to build a powerful presence across all marketing platforms, captivate customers, enhance credibility, accelerate success and build confidence and pride in their brand.
Please read through their website, and if you feel aligned, they would love to hear from you.
*Open to different options - freelance, contract, or part-time employment.
*This is a remote position. The DesignGood office is based out of Austin, TX
In what capacity are you hiring?
On behalf of another company
Where are you in the hiring process?
I’m ready to make a paid hire
Would you like to state a preference for hiring from underrepresented group(s)?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
Is this an independent one off job, or part of a larger project?
Part of a larger ongoing project
For what period of time will the freelancer be needed?
What freelancer experience level is needed? (per hour)
Mid-level (Industry Average): $35-75
Have you used graphic design services before?
What do you need designed?
Advertising materials, Branding, Web / digital art