Lightboard: Graphic Designer (US-Based Freelancers) United States
Graphic Designer is needed in United States.
Well-rounded and results-focused Graphic Designer wanted, from anywhere in the United States.
About the Company:
Lightboard.io are a no-nonsense design service that delivers quality craftsmanship to established brands like Autodesk, GitHub, and Microsoft, as well as innovative younger companies.
They believe the traditional agency model is fundamentally broken. Their clients don’t need a full-service creative agency—they’ve already developed their strategy and need high-quality design to bring it to life, quickly and efficiently.
A successful candidate will have demonstrated solid experience with layout (presentations, PDFs) and digital design (web, social, ads).
Illustration, animation, or experience with Webflow are all major pluses (but they don’t expect someone to be great at all of those things).
Attention to detail, dedication to the craft of design, and a great attitude are a must.
Their customers are typically growth-stage tech companies. They have a marketing team but not a design team, and that’s where they step in to help.
They pull together the right team for the customer and whip their brand into shape. One project might be a complete brand refresh—from website to collateral, and another project might be executing a set of spot illustrations. This is a position where you can quickly work with a lot of different clients, brands, and styles.
Lightboard seeks a great freelance designer to join the team. They work with marketing teams to deliver websites, presentations, PDFs, and illustrations. If you have agency or in-house experience designing marketing material for established brands – read on, my friend, read on.
About the Position:
Lightboard engagements are led by the Creative Services Managers. They don’t have any sales people making empty promises; their Creative Services Managers are experienced designers themselves, and they handle logistic, budget, and strategic issues so the designers can focus on design. You never have to engage directly with a customer through Lightboard, unless you want to be involved.
They’re respectful of the design process and work hard to create realistic and flexible budgets and timelines. They do not work weekends or after hours, and their customers are (mostly) fantastic people they love to work with.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Expertise with professional design tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign). They also work with Sketch and Figma, but can show you the ropes if you haven’t tried them yet.
- Experience with presentation design (PowerPoint and Keynote).
- Exquisite portfolio of branding, layout, and digital design for modern B2B companies.
- Enthusiastic attitude and client skills. Their customers aren’t always right, and they sometimes need to (gently) show them the right path.
- Experience with light web development (Webflow, WordPress, and email templates).
- Extraordinary collection of funny cat GIFs.
- Engaged as a full-time freelancer. They do not work with moonlighting full-timers.
- Expertise in starting each item in a bulleted list with the same letter.
- 10-30hrs per week, working remotely. You control your schedule. Pay range is between $35 - $65/hr, depending on expertise. They pay upon project completion, and process invoices within 14 days.
- You usually work with the same set of clients, with their creative services managers handling client communication and budgeting.
- Lightboard have art directors, illustrators, and developers available to help with more complex projects, and you’ll often find yourself working with a team of designers on a project.
In what capacity are you hiring?
On behalf of another company
Where are you in the hiring process?
I’m ready to make a paid hire
Would you like to state a preference for hiring from underrepresented group(s)?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
Is this an independent one off job, or part of a larger project?
Part of a larger ongoing project
For what period of time will the freelancer be needed?
What freelancer experience level is needed? (per hour)
Mid-level (Industry Average): $35-75
Have you used graphic design services before?
What do you need designed?
Advertising materials, Branding