Houndstooth Press: Graphic Designer United States
Graphic Designer is needed in United States.
Graphic Designer wanted to join Houndstooth Press - a large-scale operation providing custom designs nationwide. At Houndstooth Press, people are the core of their business, and taking care of customers is just as important as taking care of associates.
The framework of their culture includes:
- Authenticity. To be clear, to stay true to one’s own personality, spirit, or character.
- Instinctive. To remain driven by doing what you love.
- Mindfulness. To contain sensibility to, awareness of, or ability to express meaning, feeling, or value.
- Appreciation. To celebrate the good.
- Trust. To maintain an open, honest, collaborative, and family oriented environment where employees feel comfortable and confident in sharing ideas.
- Creativity. To not take theirselves too seriously, and use their imaginations to drive innovation and fuel better products, service, and processes.
- Complete assigned projects from conception to delivery.
- Design original pieces, including illustrations and custom typography design.
- Review junior designers’ work to ensure high quality.
- Refine images, fonts and layouts using graphic design software.
- Liaise with art and sales departments to ensure deadlines are met
- Think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts
- Prepare rough drafts according to requirements.
- Refine designs with illustration software.
- Use various colors, graphics and effects to better visualize each concept.
- Communicate effectively with Creative Director.
- 2-5 Years of proven work experience as a Senior Designer, Graphic Designer or similar role.
- Strong skill set in illustration and typography design preferred.
- Portfolio of completed design projects.
- Hands-on experience with image editing software, like Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
- Strong aesthetic skills with the ability to combine various colors, fonts and layouts.
- Attention to visual details.
- Drawing skills with an attention to detail (both by hand and digital pen).
- Strong aesthetic and conceptual skills.
- Ability to collaborate and meet deadlines.
- Ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with a team.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about creating custom art.
- Ability to manage workload and quick turnarounds.
- BSc degree in Design, Visual Arts or relevant field.
Apply via contact form.
In what capacity are you hiring?
On behalf of another company
Where are you in the hiring process?
I’m ready to make a paid hire
Would you like to state a preference for hiring from underrepresented group(s)?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
Is this an independent one off job, or part of a larger project?
Part of a larger ongoing project
For what period of time will the freelancer be needed?
What freelancer experience level is needed? (per hour)
Mid-level (Industry Average): $35-75, Senior: $75-100, Expert: $100+
Have you used graphic design services before?
You need to sign up
Only Twine members can pitch on jobs.
Existing members, sign in here.