Playstation: Lead Technical Artist (Contract)
Playstation is looking for a Lead Technical Artist (Contract). This job was crawled from the web:
Location: Remote, United States
This is a 12-month contracted position through our staffing partner DZConneX with a high likelihood of extension.
We are looking for a Lead Technical Artist to join our San Diego, California development team. The role requires experience and understanding of visual effects pipelines, experience with Autodesk Maya software, and python programming skills. Technical artists are responsible for setting up and maintaining the technical pipeline on all projects, writing tools for artists for a variety of software packages and needs, troubleshooting all technical issues that arise, and ensuring the quality of the final product. Technical artist work with both our art teams and our engineering team and help provide communication and cohesion between these two groups.
- Understanding and maintaining project workflows, primarily Maya art and animation, and game engine integration pipelines.
- Learning and supporting varying client working environments, assets, and tools.
- Writing, maintaining and customizing internal tools for production team.
- Troubleshooting problems in pipeline and for individuals on as-needed basis.
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation.
- Share work for feedback and offer productive opinions while assisting all team members.
- Keep communication steady with other leads on the project to provide consistency
- Lead by example and communicate with supervisors, management and overall teams.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Graphic Art, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- At least 8+ years in some branch of visual effects (film, game dev, tv, etc).
1+ year in a leadership role.
- Strong leadership, mentoring and teaching abilities.
- Excellent knowledge of Maya and Python and experience developing python tools for Maya.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to problem solve creatively.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate well.
- Ability to mentor junior technical artists.
- Experience with game engines such as Unreal, Unity, or proprietary engines.
Nice to Have:
- General knowledge of Maya rigging.
- Experience with other programming languages, especially C++.
- Experience developing or maintaining system environments.
- Experiencing developing or maintaining project pipeline tools.
- Experience with perforce and/or git.
- Experience with project management and tracking software (such as Shotgun and Jira).
In what capacity are you hiring?
On behalf of another company
Where are you in the hiring process?
I’m ready to make a paid hire
Would you like to state a preference for hiring from underrepresented group(s)?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
Is this an independent one off job, or part of a larger project?
Part of a larger ongoing project
For what period of time will the freelancer be needed?
What freelancer experience level is needed? (per hour)
You need to sign up
Only Twine members can pitch on jobs.
Existing members, sign in here.