Playstation: Character Artist (Contract)
Playstation is looking for a Character Artist (Contract). This job was crawled from the web:
This is a long-term contracted position through our staffing partner Eastridge with a high likelihood of extension.
Location: Remote, Canada
Are you a Character Artist looking to join a team to create the highest quality characters possible? Then read on!
You will work on a high visibility AAA projects within Sony PlayStation Studios Visual Arts (PSSVA), an award-winning, full-production studio that specializes in Animation, Motion Capture, Cinematics, Art and Scanning. For over two decades we have shared knowledge, support and ground breaking techniques with the very best developers in the industry: Naughty Dog, Kojima Productions, Guerrilla Games, Santa Monica Studios, Sucker Punch Productions, Bend Studio, Japan Studio, Insomniac Games and more.
- Use modeling and texturing ability to create photorealistic living, breathing characters with personality.
- Create highly detailed and believable 3D character models and textures for use in-game.
- Ensure character assets are of the highest artistic quality and uphold the integrity of the games’ design and artistic vision.
- Follow the direction of art leads. Collaborate with other departments such as Concept Art, Animation, Rigging and Game Design to make sure artwork fits within the title’s vision.
- Serve as mentor for other artists.
- Work with production to follow and build schedules and to deliver assets on time.
- Work with outsourcing to help create and integrate art assets.
- Clearly communicate updates and voice concerns to the appropriate team members and manager(s)
- Contribute to the development of the artistic techniques and processes utilized to define and achieve a product’s visual style or encourage artistic evolution within the studio
- Participate in research and development on latest tools tech and methodology.
- Capable of resolving a range of complex artistic development issues for both artists as well as other team members
- Actively improve skill set and abilities by keeping aware of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products, learning new software packages and traditional art methods
- 2+ years’ experience as a 3D character artist.
- Familiarity with video game product development including, but not limited to workflow, tools, lighting, high and low poly modeling, texture painting, material setup, character skinning, surface sampling, mapping techniques, UV layout, in-game animation, character rigging and engine parameters/optimizations desirable
- Portfolio of realistic, highly detailed, 3D character models, with highly realistic textures (skin, hair, worn fabric/accessories, etc.), accurate anatomy, detailed clothing, etc.
- Portfolio should show quality, taste, and ability to hit a photorealistic/believable look.
- Mastery of standard art packages such as Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush and Substance Designer.
- Strong understanding of scale, proportion, human anatomy and surface properties.
- Good communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills
- Possess strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Experience working with a game engine and implementing 3D work into engine.
- Previous console experience with a shipped title is desired.
- Experience working on AAA titles as a character artist
- Marvelous Design,ari, Agisoft, Substance, Mudbox
In what capacity are you hiring?
On behalf of another company
Where are you in the hiring process?
I’m ready to make a paid hire
Would you like to state a preference for hiring from underrepresented group(s)?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
Is this an independent one off job, or part of a larger project?
Part of a larger ongoing project
For what period of time will the freelancer be needed?
What freelancer experience level is needed? (per hour)
Mid-level (Industry Average): $35-75
You need to sign up
Only Twine members can pitch on jobs.
Existing members, sign in here.