Music & Special Events Producer to work on production and operations of film festival at outdoor locations throughout NYC United States
Music Producer is needed in United States.
Rooftop Films are looking for a Music Producer. This job was crawled from the web.
Music & Special Events Producer (Seasonal)
Rooftop Films is looking for a Music & Special Events Producer to take a crucial role in the production and operations of our 27th anniversary Summer Series film festival, taking place May through August 2023 at outdoor locations throughout NYC. This is a flexible, creative position, employing a variety of skills. We are looking for a candidate who has availability from mid-March through end of August / early September 2023.
The ideal candidate has a track record of success in event planning and/or client management and must have familiarity with the landscape of the New York City events industry, including an understanding of venue management, vendor coordination, event layouts, budgeting, permitting, and operational protocol for planning and producing events. Other qualities for a successful candidate include a meticulous attention to detail and an interest in event planning within the non-profit cultural sector.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Music Booking and Coordination Responsibilities:
- In coordination with the programming department, book musical performances for 25-40 events in New York City (between May – August)
- Research potential artists / performers to match particular film programming themes and requests
- Attend weekly meetings with programming department to pitch film / venue / performer pairings (during the pre-season)
- Oversee budget for performance fees and hospitality, and communicate artist payment details to the Finance Manager for timely payment of performance fees
- Advancing of all artists booked, including: venue details and arrival instructions for up approximately 8 – 15 screening locations, technical and hospitality riders, backline negotiation, and run of show
- Deliver artist promotional details to Communications Manager
- Communicate all artist production needs to the Technical and Operations departments (stage plots, riders, arrivals, etc.)
- Oversee stage management and hospitality for performers at select screenings (approx 2 per week, on average?)
Special Events Coordination:
- Support the President and the Operations Manager in the execution of select events related to sponsor and partnership screenings, corporate clients and select rental opportunities
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with all vendors and represent Rooftop Films to external clients, partners, vendors, etc.
- Day to day tasks may include but are not limited to identifying and scheduling events, conducting walk-throughs with clients and sponsors as well as internal staff and vendors, ordering and managing vendors, creating special event budgets and proposals, scheduling deliveries, preparing estimates, and maintaining and tracking event payments, collecting deposits and final payments
- Oversee and implement communication and coordination between Rooftop Films sponsorship, programming, technical and operations teams for all matters relating to special events, sponsorship activations, event enhancements and special performances
- Oversee on site management of select events in coordination with the Operations Department (ie. partner or client liaison, oversight of sponsor activations, giveaways, or other event enhancements
- Working knowledge of NYC local music scene, up and coming artists and booking practices
- Culturally engaged. Knowledge of current and recent independent film is a plus.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Event production experience in music or other live events preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work toward solutions that benefit the organization
- Impeccable attention to detail and excellent organizational, planning, prioritizing, and time management skills
- Strong computer skills essential
Application Deadline: March 3, 2023
Start Date: Late March 2023
Compensation is $960 – $1120 per week or $24 – $30 per hour. Time commitment may be flexible for the right candidate, with a minimum of 28 -35 hours on average… The contract period will be mid-March through early September for the full duration of the 2023 Summer Series and one week of wrap.
Rooftop Films is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to building a culturally diverse staff and an inclusive work environment, and strongly encourages people of all backgrounds, abilities, gender expressions, ethnicities, races, sexual orientations, religions, and nationalities to apply.
Interested candidates should submit résumé, cover letter and references in a single Word or PDF document saved as candidate’s first and last name with subject MUSIC & SPECIAL EVENTS PRODUCER to email address provided.
In what capacity are you hiring?
On behalf of another company
Where are you in the hiring process?
I’m ready to make a paid hire
Would you like to state a preference for hiring from underrepresented group(s)?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
Is this an independent one off job, or part of a larger project?
Single job with no follow up work
For what period of time will the freelancer be needed?
More than a week
What freelancer experience level is needed? (per hour)
Mid-level (Industry Average): $35-75, Senior: $75-100, Expert: $100+
You need to sign up
Only Twine members can pitch on jobs.
Existing members, sign in here.