Vantage Point Consulting: ETL Developer (6M+) United States
Developer is needed in United States.
This job has been crawled from the web.
Client: Vantage Point Consulting
Location: United States
Location: Remote Work
Duration: 6 Months+
This position is an integral part of the cross-functional team responsible for overseeing information in operational data stores (ODS) and data analytics platform (Cognos) for operational, management, and strategic purposes. This position will also define and create software products, frameworks, reference architectures, and patterns and practices for implementation using the PL/SQL programming language.
- Provide data support for analytics initiatives, including extracting, combining, and potentially cleaning/standardizing data from numerous sources and source types (most notably database, spreadsheet, and flat files.)
- Be the functional administrator for Ellucian Operational Data Store (ODS). Duties include set up user accounts and roles, set up parameters, schedule processes, run utilities, and maintain freeze data, resolve ODS refresh run-time errors and upgrades/patches that impact ODS.
- Provide leadership, establish protocols/processes/guidelines, and develop and administer PL/SQL packages, procedures, functions, triggers, etc., with a focus on ODS customizations. Duties include designing data warehouse/mart objects and creating and maintaining tables, views, indexes, functions, stored procedures, packages and scheduled events in Oracle using PL/SQL.
- Establish and maintain documentation with regard to ODS which may include needs assessment and metadata (such as source-to-target mappings and data validation/cleansing rules.)
- Be the functional administrator for IBM Cognos Analytics, including such duties as: security administration; new data modeling, package development, and deployment in Framework Manager; testing of administrative functions after patches and upgrades; incorporating data from other sources into the Oracle database that houses the ODS; and providing high-level support to report developers across all areas.
- Design and implement integrations between software platforms, programs, and Applications.
- Identify, plan, and execute integration strategies, create tools for other developers, ensure ongoing monitoring, and maintain as well as optimize software builds.
- Perform additional duties as needed.
- Requires bachelor’s degree with minimum of 6 years’ experience OR Master’s in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field with minimum of 4 years’ experience.
- Experience MUST include PL/SQL expertise, as well as data extraction and reporting with at least 4 years’ experience with Cognos Report Studio (preferred) or similar data reporting tools.
- Demonstrated experience with Banner Operational Data Store, Banner Enterprise Data Warehouse, and/or Workday is highly preferred.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem analytic skills, and the ability to manage multiple assignments are essential qualities for success in this position.
- Experience in dashboard development using Tableau is a plus.
No longer accepting applications
Don't miss out! Drop your email to get notified for Developer roles
How It Works
Create your Profile for Free
Build your Twine portfolio to highlight your skills, and experience, while setting your desired pay rate.
Send Customized Pitches
Pitch for available jobs that match your skills, and access exclusive opportunities that are specifically tailored to your expertise.
Secure Payment Process
Clients make upfront Vault payments held by Twine, ensuring freelancer payment security, with 0% commission for freelancers.