STEAM Ahead: Social Media Community Manager
This job has been crawled from the web.
Client: STEAM Ahead
Contract: Part Time
We are looking for an experienced, passionate and creative Social Media Manager to join our team. As a Social Media Manager, you will be responsible for developing and implementing our Social Media strategies in order to increase our online presence and improve our communication efforts. You will be working closely with our programming teams to highlight their work and communicate the journey of our organization to meet our goal of closing the education gap for underrepresented groups of students. You will be responsible for developing our community of students, families, partners, sponsors, and supporters.
Hours Per Week: Approximately 10 - 30 hours per week
Compensation: Range $25-$35 Per Hour; Compensation dependent upon experience
Dress Code: Casual
Social Media Community Manager Responsibilities:
- Led in the development and refinement of our multi-channel social media strategy
- Manage social media content development and implementation
- Develop and communicate compelling stories based on our program and initiatives
- Led the development and measurement of success metrics for social campaigns
- Stay up to date with the latest social media best practices, technologies, and tools
- Create appealing copy and graphic designs to ensure the effective delivery of content
- Collaborate with external partners to execute programming initiatives
- Monitor SEO and user engagement and suggest content optimization
- Communicate with industry professionals and influencers via social media to create a strong community
- Assist STEAM Ahead’s Executive Team with the development of new programs and initiatives
- Create and streamline reporting processes, defining metrics of success, and leverage that insight to evolve campaigns and initiatives over time
- At times, assist in the development and implementation of STEAM workshops and experiential learning curriculum
- At times, work with program staff to ensure all outcome goals are on track to be met, including academic outcomes and social-emotional skill development outcomes
- Attend professional development trainings and meetings that occur during non-program hours, as required
- Perform other related duties as requested
Qualifications - Required:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 2 years of experience as a Social Media Manager/Specialist or similar role
- Social Media Strategist using social media for brand awareness and impressions
- Expert knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Tik-Tok, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, and other social media platforms and their best practices
- Understanding of SEO, web traffic metrics, and social media KPIs
- Familiarity with web design and publishing
- Excellent multitasking skills
- Great leadership skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills
- Authorized to work in the United States. Candidates must have such authorization by their first day of employment.
No longer accepting applications
Don't miss out! Drop your email to get notified for Social Media Manager roles
How It Works
Create your Profile for Free
Build your Twine portfolio to highlight your skills, and experience, while setting your desired pay rate.
Send Customized Pitches
Pitch for available jobs that match your skills, and access exclusive opportunities that are specifically tailored to your expertise.
Secure Payment Process
Clients make upfront Vault payments held by Twine, ensuring freelancer payment security, with 0% commission for freelancers.