Angel Studios: Media Editing Temporary Position Provo, United States
Video Editor is needed in Provo, United States.
This job has been crawled from the web.
Client: Angel Studios
Location: Provo, UT
Contract: Full Time, Temporary
In this temporary full-time role, you will be responsible for compiling and editing metadata and image files. Your primary responsibilities will include managing film metadata, organizing and cropping film stills and promotional art, and editing movie descriptions and summaries. Proficiency in basic Photoshop skills, specifically cropping and scaling, is required to optimize images. Knowledge of various audio/video and image formats is needed to properly handle and tag files.
Expectations at Angel Studios:
- Amplify light in every action
- As the owner of your outcomes, you are empowered to break down silos and coordinate with any and all people you need in order to reach your goals.
- You are ultimately responsible for achieving the outcomes while also using resources wisely - whether that be money, people, or time.
- Know your customer - it might be our viewers, investors, creators, or internal Angel Teams. Ensure you understand your customer and are providing what THEY need and not just what you want to build.
- You OWN the success of your team members, including hiring, onboarding, goals, performance management, raises, terminations, etc.
- Contributes in a way that moves the Angel mission forward and exemplifies the team qualities required for working at Angel.
- When faced with roadblocks, mistakes or unforeseen circumstances, consistently and proactively find creative solutions and/or break down barriers to handle the challenge or complication. (Focus is on creating/building/testing/learning/resolution rather than getting stuck and identifying or placing blame)
- Organize and manage film metadata, categorizing clips based on topics to ensure efficient retrieval and organization
- Edit movie descriptions and concise summaries that captivate audiences to ensure optimal length without sacrificing impact
- Employ effective metadata management techniques to enhance content organization and improve the user experience
- Help manage and improve a seamless, easily accessible system for our film library, facilitating effortless navigation and content discovery
- Utilize basic Photoshop skills, particularly cropping and scaling, to optimize the visual presentation of film segments and ensure high-quality media output
- Must attend and contribute to regularly scheduled staff meetings
- Proficiency in speaking, reading and writing in the English language required. Additional language proficiency is a plus.
- An exceptional listener with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented perspective and able to pick up on overlooked details
- Organization and time management
- Able to maintain confidentiality of information
- Must be able to manage multiple assignments, set priorities, and adapt to changing conditions
- Resourceful and able to problem-solve and manage tasks with ambiguity
- Willing to perform an array of tasks both in and out of the office
- Can take feedback to tasks and assignments positively and create better solutions
- A quick study, able to pick up new skills and learn how to use new programs
- Must participate in setting and achieving regularly scheduled and outlined objectives
- Ability to take individual ownership, execute with high energy, share context, insist on candor with positive intent
Required Education and Experience:
Proven experience in film documentation, data entry, media management, or a similar role. Proficient in using basic Photoshop skills, specifically cropping and scaling, to enhance the images and deliver high-quality media output.
Preferred Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Film Studies, Media Production, or a related field. Demonstrated expertise in capturing and documenting film segments with precision, maintaining attention to detail throughout the process.
No longer accepting applications
Don't miss out! Drop your email to get notified for Video Editor roles
How It Works
Create your Profile for Free
Build your Twine portfolio to highlight your skills, and experience, while setting your desired pay rate.
Send Customized Pitches
Pitch for available jobs that match your skills, and access exclusive opportunities that are specifically tailored to your expertise.
Secure Payment Process
Clients make upfront Vault payments held by Twine, ensuring freelancer payment security, with 0% commission for freelancers.