Happily: Freelance Broadcast Director for Live Events (PT) Philadelphia, United States
Creative Director is needed in Philadelphia, United States.
This job has been crawled from the web.
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contract: Part-time, Contract
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The Technical Director is responsible for the management and execution of all technical production deliverables throughout scope and design, budgeting, pre-production, on-site, and post-production stages of the event. The ideal candidate will be interested in a career in events and production and will be comfortable dealing directly with a diverse clientele and working with a team in a fast paced environment.
- Collaborate with the Account Manager, Creative Department, and Producer in determining event scope and design deliverable timeline based on proposed budgets and deadlines.
- Collaborate with internal teams to determine all technical production requirements.
- Work with creative and design teams to ensure progress, identify technical issues and provide solutions.
- Maintain a professional standard and demeanor for all working situations (in office, on-site, remote/calls etc…)
- Attend BlackHouse in office Orientation and On-boarding meetings
- Attend post-production meetings as needed and complete post-production reports
- Attend client meetings, site visits, and vendor shop visits as needed.
- Maintain the contact list, adding info for every vendor you solicit pricing from and include primary contact person’s info with email and phone number.
- Assist with determining specifications needed to solicit RFPs
- Technically assess venue and determine IT needs, system flows, power plots and rigging plans as needed
- Build and manage the technical production budget
- Develop technical escalation and contingency plans
- Other special projects will arise with responsibilities as needed.
- Manage the load-in/load-out of all technical production equipment & scenic elements.
- Attend onsite production meetings and technical rehearsals.
- Work with the Show Director, Event Producer, Creatives and account manager to resolve any issues as they related to technical production as needed.
- Oversee all technical departments & vendors.
- A minimum of 5 years experience as a Technical Director for large scale, high end events.
- Advanced skills and knowledge of all technical production disciplines including; audio, video (projection/LED, media servers), lighting, rigging, power, internet/networking, scenic/carpentry, media server, screen switching
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, with an emphasis on InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator, is a plus.
- Strong skills required in Google Office Apps including Drive, Calendar, Zoom, Forms, Sheets, Slides and Gmail.
- Extensive experience in maintaining positive relationships with technical production vendors and deep knowledge of market fair pricing on equipment and labor positions.
- Strong negotiation and reasoning skills.
- Must be comfortable managing a large team of skilled and highly experienced department leads.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Multi-tasker with the ability to prioritize multiple requests and projects in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to work in a group environment or independently, with little supervision.
- Self-starter with a roll up your sleeves type and adaptable attitude.
- Commitment and follow- through on delegated tasks.
- Willing to take initiative and resolve problems creatively and resourcefully.
- Results-oriented strategic and conceptual thinker
- Ability to keep a professional demeanor in high-stress situations & maintain a proactive approach to overall project management.
Pay: From $80.00 per hour
No longer accepting applications
Don't miss out! Drop your email to get notified for Creative Director roles
How It Works
Create your Profile for Free
Build your Twine portfolio to highlight your skills, and experience, while setting your desired pay rate.
Send Customized Pitches
Pitch for available jobs that match your skills, and access exclusive opportunities that are specifically tailored to your expertise.
Secure Payment Process
Clients make upfront Vault payments held by Twine, ensuring freelancer payment security, with 0% commission for freelancers.