Sandia National Laboratories: Creative Designer (Mid Career/Experienced/Temp) Livermore, United States
Designer is needed in Livermore, United States.
This job has been crawled from the web.
Client: Sandia National Laboratories
Location: Livermore, CA
Contract: Temporary, Full-time
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible work arrangements for many positions include 9/80 (work 80 hours every two weeks, with every other Friday off) and 4/10 (work 4 ten-hour days each week) compressed workweeks, part-time work, and telecommuting (a mix of onsite work and working from home)
- Generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
What Your Job Will Be Like
We are seeking an outstanding Creative Designer to conceive, design, and produce illustrations and creative artwork for the site and programs at Sandia National Laboratories in Livermore, CA. In this position, you will split your time to support the W80-4 program as well as the Division at large. In close collaboration with program communications specialists and others, you will design impactful presentations, illustrations, and others.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Conceive, design, produce, lay out, and coordinate original or composite illustrations and creative artwork for publications such as brochures, newsletters, or internal and external reports.
- Design publications that combine text and graphics to accomplish communication objectives and provide designs and graphic images for media such as the web, posters, and presentations.
- Support the W80-4 technical team in creating graphics that simplify complex content; suggest and implement improvements for technical presentations, tables, charts, dashboards, and other visuals.
- Plan, design, and coordinate the installation of experiential displays and interactive exhibits at the Livermore, CA site.
- Properly manage and protect unclassified controlled information (UCI) and classified information.
This position is eligible for telecommuting and the selected applicant must live within a reasonable distance for commuting to the assigned work location when necessary. Due to the nature of the work, the selected applicant must be able to work onsite 50% of the time, which may vary depending on business needs.
Qualifications We Require
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, illustration, communications, or other relevant humanities or science field plus five or more years of relevant design experience, which may include freelance design
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (e.g., InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, etc.)
- Active DOE Q security clearance or equivalent
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience with Microsoft 365 (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams)
- Experience that includes factsheets, digital kiosks, technical illustrations, and experiential design
- Ability to collaborate, form positive working relationships, and team with others
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and prioritize work
- Good negotiating skills, project management abilities, and an ability to work with a variety of people independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrated experience working with U.S. government agencies
- An understanding of Sandia’s primary programs and mission areas, publication policies, practices, and procedures, including copyright laws
- Ability to obtain and maintain an SCI security clearance
No longer accepting applications
Don't miss out! Drop your email to get notified for Designer roles
How It Works
Create your Profile for Free
Build your Twine portfolio to highlight your skills, and experience, while setting your desired pay rate.
Send Customized Pitches
Pitch for available jobs that match your skills, and access exclusive opportunities that are specifically tailored to your expertise.
Secure Payment Process
Clients make upfront Vault payments held by Twine, ensuring freelancer payment security, with 0% commission for freelancers.