Octogames: Unity Engine Procedural Generation Specialist (Temp) United States
Game Developer is needed in United States.
This job has been crawled from the web.
Octogames is seeking a remote contract developer experienced with the Unity engine and C#, and particularly programming procedural character mesh generation and animation.
In the game we are developing in-house, we’re wanting players to be able to create their own creatures, on a level similar to the 2008 game Spore, but going above and beyond. We’re seeking a developer who can come up with a plan and execute make a system where:
- Multiple separate pre-modeled meshes can be put together (think putting arms/legs/heads on a body), with smoothed seams between the meshes themselves that are generated at runtime
- Apply a procedural bone structure with proper weight painting on the meshes
- Make the bone structure animate procedurally or at least compatible with premade animations
- Preserve all the meshes’ UVs throughout the process
- Implement an IK system with the bone structure
- Make it where the game can do this at runtime, at high performance. Preferably using Unity’s Burst compiler. (this game needs to run on as many mobile platforms as possible, so things like compute shaders can’t be used)
- Lastly, set up a few front end systems of user interaction
This is a specific task we’re needing a specialist to take on. Must be able to take direction from a senior developer/project manager, with a several month deadline.
$25.00 - $35.00 per hour
No longer accepting applications
Don't miss out! Drop your email to get notified for Game Developer roles
How It Works
Create your Profile for Free
Build your Twine portfolio to highlight your skills, and experience, while setting your desired pay rate.
Send Customized Pitches
Pitch for available jobs that match your skills, and access exclusive opportunities that are specifically tailored to your expertise.
Secure Payment Process
Clients make upfront Vault payments held by Twine, ensuring freelancer payment security, with 0% commission for freelancers.