University of California Berkeley: Director, Creative Video - Intercollegiate Athletics (5173U) 57817 Berkeley, United States
Creative Director is needed in Berkeley, United States.
This job has been crawled from the web.
Client: University of California Berkeley
Location: Berkeley, United States
Contract: Contractor, Full Time
Overview of Position
The Director, Creative Video for Women’s Basketball is a creative position that will coordinate all of the internal video production elements for the Women’s Basketball office. This includes the handling all aspects of project planning, storyboarding, execution and optimization for all video and motion graphic projects used to convey the vision and values of the Women’s Basketball team while simultaneously cultivating fan enthusiasm and excitement. The position also coordinates the basketball-related video operations for the team and will assist the Director of Operations in special projects, as needed.
- Collaborate with the coaching staff on the planning, development and execution of all Women’s Basketball videos and motion graphic projects
- Develop and implement an annual plan that produces unique video and graphic content that supports the Cal Women’s Basketball brand
- Have the ability to capture live sporting events with single-camera coverage and a documentary “all-access” style
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of all requisite software applications relative to video production and motion graphics and have the ability to put this knowledge into practice in the creation of Women’s Basketball video content
- Research and assess new video graphic methods and technology including filming techniques and strategies, video editing, computers, projectors, videography, camera equipment and video editing software
- Assist in managing Cal Women’s Basketball social media accounts with responsibilities that include creating graphics and capturing content
- Assist with Women’s Basketball events by creating visually appealing promotional content
- Contributes to other communications, events, and related projects as needed
- Assist with all on campus recruiting visits and other recruiting duties
- Assist with various office duties including mailings, answering the phones, filing, completing forms, etc.
- Responsible for the maintenance and acquisition of all creative video equipment
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with strong background in design and creative development
- Skilled in MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere, Final Cut Pro
- Motion graphics experience
- Great communication, organizational and project management skills and a strong ability to work collaboratively
- Self-motivated. Ability to adapt to new challenges and finds ways to solve them
- Creativity, vision and big ideas; ability to think outside the box
- Flexibility to work non-traditional hours and travel as needed. Works without supervision
- Shows attention to detail and accuracy in work
- Able to handle the stress of multiple high-pressure deadlines and make sure they’re met
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
- Have working knowledge of video cameras and sound equipment
- Skilled in graphic design
- Prior experience in sports is beneficial, but not necessary
- Social media experience across multiple platforms
- Understanding of html and other web technologies
Salary & Benefits
The budgeted salary range that the University reasonably expects to pay for this position is $60,000 - $90,000.
This is a 100% full-time (40 hours per week), contract position that is eligible for full UC benefits. This position ends on June 30, 2024. This position is exempt and paid monthly.
No longer accepting applications
Don't miss out! Drop your email to get notified for Creative Director roles
How It Works
Create your Profile for Free
Build your Twine portfolio to highlight your skills, and experience, while setting your desired pay rate.
Send Customized Pitches
Pitch for available jobs that match your skills, and access exclusive opportunities that are specifically tailored to your expertise.
Secure Payment Process
Clients make upfront Vault payments held by Twine, ensuring freelancer payment security, with 0% commission for freelancers.