Millwork Holdings Co., Inc: Freelance Designer Women's Bottoms New York, United States
Designer is needed in New York, United States.
This job has been crawled from the web.
Client: Millwork Holdings Co., Inc.
Location: New York, NY
Contract: Full-time, Freelance, Seasonal
The Designer executes the seasonal design development process, from concept to delivery, by creating and executing original, trend-appropriate design concepts that meet market needs and drive sales and ensuring the timely execution of each stage in the process.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategy & Innovation
- Research and identify trend directions; create concept/mood boards, analyze collections, shop stores; perform competitive analysis; pull and review fabrics, design concepts, presentation boards for meetings, mock-ups, color-ups, inspirational photos
- Identify and design key items with a strong brand identity
- Execute development of initial seasonal design category in context of larger assortment and cost structure
- Develop concepts for special design projects to expand categories into new areas or customers.
- Categories, Bottoms and Athleisure for Missy and Plus sizes
Operations & Results
- Guide and mentor direct reports
- Work with tech team to ensure proper fit and end use
- Work with Cad Designers to develop original textile and embroidery designs
- Design according to style plans, sales needs and emerging trends; ensure timely execution of product development calendar
- Create Illustrator sketches; review line sheets; develop tech packs
- Build 3-D bodies
- Source, select and review raw materials and trims ensure they are within price points
- Review styles with costing engineer to design into price points needed.
- Approve aesthetic and quality of print strike-offs, fabric and trims
Customers & Relationships
- Coordinate follow-up with internal and external customers and partners, including technical design, production and vendors; manager interoffice communication
- Build collaborative relationships with vendors and internal customers
Leadership & Teams
- Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Superior organizational skills and excellent communication skills; team oriented
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; highly detail oriented, meticulous and creative
- Creativity, and sensibility for merchandising; ability to sketch
- Technical capability, proficient understanding of construction and expression of fit.
- Extensive knowledge of garment construction, pattern making, silhouettes, color ways, sewing techniques, fabrication and trim; familiarity with print design and manufacturing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design
- 7 + years experience in apparel design
- Bottoms experience is a must
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe products
- 3-D Browzwear a plus
- The approximate annual base salary range for this position is $45.00 - $55.00 per hour. The offered salary or salary range for this position will vary based on role requirements, skill set and years of experience.
- Our Company offers a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, company holidays, and a hybrid work environment.
No longer accepting applications
Don't miss out! Drop your email to get notified for Designer roles
How It Works
Create your Profile for Free
Build your Twine portfolio to highlight your skills, and experience, while setting your desired pay rate.
Send Customized Pitches
Pitch for available jobs that match your skills, and access exclusive opportunities that are specifically tailored to your expertise.
Secure Payment Process
Clients make upfront Vault payments held by Twine, ensuring freelancer payment security, with 0% commission for freelancers.