Blizzard Entertainment: Capture Media Artist - TEMP Irvine, United States
Game Developer is needed in Irvine, United States.
This job has been crawled from the web.
Client: Blizzard Entertainment
Location: Irvine, CA
Blizzard Video, a division of the award-winning Story and Franchise Development team, is looking for an experienced and dedicated capture artist to help create legendary gameplay trailers! We seek an innovative and technically minded individual with a passion for games and an eye for cinematography. Utilizing the game engines and various tools at your disposal, you’ll work closely with our creative, editorial, and production teams to craft exhilarating gameplay moments and sequences – whether it’s delivering the payload on Junkertown, combating never-ending hordes of minions in Sanctuary, or dragon riding through the skies of Azeroth. We want someone with the flexibility, intuition, and drive to help us push the envelope in creating some of the best trailers in the industry. Come join us on our quest to develop epic digital content designed to inform, entertain, and engage Blizzard’s community and players everywhere! This role is a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The home studio for this role is Irvine, CA.
What You Bring To The Table
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Utilize development builds and game engines to compose creative gameplay sequences across all Blizzard IPs
- Participate in and lead group capture sessions
- Collaborate with other artists, project directors, and video editors over a variety of projects (including trailers, b-roll, static media)
- Professional experience in game capture or adjacent position/industry
- Strong understanding and knowledge of Blizzard Entertainment IPs
- Ability to work in an environment with rapid project turnaround and frequent priority shifts
- Basic understanding of cinematic principles including shot composition, lighting, and action choreography
- Able to take direction, as well as learn and implement new processes
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work within a collaborative team environment
- Impeccable attention to detail and the ability to QC your own work
- Interest in photography and cinematography
- Passion for video games, movies, graphic novels, and other elements of pop culture
- Working knowledge of media editing software (Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, or equivalent package)
- Experience in video game engines or an equivalent in-game cinematic tool (Unreal, Unity, etc.)
- Hobbyist level experience in 3D modeling, animation, and/or modding games
No longer accepting applications
Don't miss out! Drop your email to get notified for Game Developer roles
How It Works
Create your Profile for Free
Build your Twine portfolio to highlight your skills, and experience, while setting your desired pay rate.
Send Customized Pitches
Pitch for available jobs that match your skills, and access exclusive opportunities that are specifically tailored to your expertise.
Secure Payment Process
Clients make upfront Vault payments held by Twine, ensuring freelancer payment security, with 0% commission for freelancers.