American University: Part-Time Digital Storyteller Washington, United States
Content Producer is needed in Washington, United States.
This job has been crawled from the web.
Client: American University
Location: Washington, United States
Contract: Part Time
The Digital Storyteller will work with the Assistant Director, Marketing and Communications in the Career Center.
The Digital Storyteller’s primary focus will be to create videos, graphics, and social media content to showcase Career Center services and resources and student and alumni success stories.
- Managing a process to identify student and alumni success stories; scheduling and conducting video interviews; producing, editing, and publishing these videos and other digital media featuring Career Center services on the Career Center’s website and other platforms.
- Creating content for social media sites, including Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- Producing video content for Instagram Stories at events, such as job and internship fairs.
- Assisting with Career Center website maintenance.
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Critical Thinking/Problem Solving
- Data & Digital Technology
- Ability to initiate tasks without direct prompting.
- Proficiency with Adobe Premiere, or willingness to achieve proficiency through self-guided online training.
- Familiarity with operating a professional camera and microphone for photo and video shoots.
- Experience conducting interviews for news stories and developing video and graphics for web and social media.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Previous experience working in an office.
- Attention to detail and deadlines.
- Proficiency with Instagram, YouTube, and social media best practices.
- Must reside in DC, Maryland, or Virginia during period of employment.
- Proficiency with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop or Illustrator or Canva
- Proficiency with content management systems (we use CommonSpot)
- Familiarity with career services and/or higher education
- These qualifications would contribute to be successful in the position. Some candidates may feel that they must have all the skills and experience before applying; we remind you that this is not the case. We will consider other relevant qualifications when evaluating your application for this position. We strongly encourage students of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
No longer accepting applications
Don't miss out! Drop your email to get notified for Content Producer roles
How It Works
Create your Profile for Free
Build your Twine portfolio to highlight your skills, and experience, while setting your desired pay rate.
Send Customized Pitches
Pitch for available jobs that match your skills, and access exclusive opportunities that are specifically tailored to your expertise.
Secure Payment Process
Clients make upfront Vault payments held by Twine, ensuring freelancer payment security, with 0% commission for freelancers.