The Motley Fool: Freelance WordPress Developer United States
Web Developer is needed in United States.
This job has been crawled from the web.
Client: The Motley Fool
Contract: Contract, Freelance
The Motley Fool is looking for a highly skilled Freelance WordPress Developer to partner with the recruiting team on an independent contract basis for several weeks to help us clone and develop our careers site in WordPress.
This role is 100% remote, but candidates must be based in the USA for consideration.
Who are we?
We are The Motley Fool, a purpose-driven financial information and services firm with nearly 30 years of experience focused on making the world smarter, happier, and richer. But what does that even mean?! It means we’re helping Fools (always with a capital “F”) demystify the world of finance, beat the stock market, and achieve personal wealth and happiness through our products and services.
What does this team do?
This role will be reporting into the People Team, and specifically, the Recruiting Team. The Recruiting Team is charged with recruiting new talent and managing the interview and onboarding processes to ensure each new recruit has a seamless and Foolish experience. Our new careers page will help us to maintain a smooth recruiting process, so we need it to be awesome. That’s where you come in!
What would you do in this role?
We’re looking to partner with a talented WordPress Developer to build out our careers page using our existing content, and seamlessly integrate it with our ATS (Applicant Tracking System). After this project, we would like to be able to manage this page on our own and make small edits to the content when needed, so developing an easy-to-use WordPress theme will be key here!
But What Would You Actually Do in this role?
- Work closely with the Recruiting Team to understand specific requirements and objectives for the career site.
- Customize a WordPress theme or build a WordPress site from scratch, depending on project needs.
- Integrate necessary plugins and functionalities, such as job posting modules, applicant tracking system, and SEO tools.
- Ensure cross-browser compatibility and optimize for speed and performance.
- Implement security best practices to protect site data and enhance site integrity.
- Provide training to relevant internal teams on managing and updating the career site.
- Address any technical or design issues in a timely manner during and after the launch.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience with WordPress site development.
- Strong portfolio showcasing WordPress Development projects, preferably career or recruitment sites.
- Experience working with modern website design tools and software, such as Adobe XD or Sketch.
- Familiarity with SEO best practices and ensuring websites are optimized for search engines.Knowledge of GDPR and other data protection regulations.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to producing high-quality work.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Our targeted compensation for this role is between $65 and $80 per hour depending on experience.
No longer accepting applications
Don't miss out! Drop your email to get notified for Web Developer roles
How It Works
Create your Profile for Free
Build your Twine portfolio to highlight your skills, and experience, while setting your desired pay rate.
Send Customized Pitches
Pitch for available jobs that match your skills, and access exclusive opportunities that are specifically tailored to your expertise.
Secure Payment Process
Clients make upfront Vault payments held by Twine, ensuring freelancer payment security, with 0% commission for freelancers.