iCrossing: URGENT! Sr. UX Designer (Temp) Chicago, United States
UX Designer is needed in Chicago, United States.
This job has been crawled from the web.
Location: Chicago, IL
About the job
iCrossing is looking for a temporary Sr. UX Designer to join us on our journey of evolution & innovation to help transform our client’s digital experiences. As a Sr. UX Designer with iCrossing, you’ll work with a cross-functional team of experts to solve a variety of UX Strategy and Design challenges across different client accounts and industries. You’ll bring UX research and design thinking to some of the world’s best brands, providing leadership to more junior team members and ensuring our design solutions are built from a user-focused perspective while meeting our client’s goals. On each of your accounts, you’ll be a key part of the process from initial Research and Discovery, to helping create the UX Strategy, to translating insights into amazing customer experience design. You’ll gain a wide variety of experience in the UX field by working on all types of interesting projects, from small digital experiences to large app or website designs. On each project, you’ll collaborate with experts from our Strategy, Creative, and Development teams as you move from idea to execution. To keep your skills up to date, we’ll plan and get you trained on the latest innovative approaches to CX (Certification), UX, and design to ensure that you and your team bring the latest thinking to your work.
What you’ll do
- Help conduct various types of qualitative and quantitative UX research such as field studies, user interviews, usability testing, card sorting, A/B testing and more.
- Conduct competitive and best-in-class analyses of other websites and apps to inform your work.
- Translate user research and strategy insights into UX Design deliverables such as user stories, experience maps, user flows, site maps, sketches, wireframes, etc.
- Design and craft interactive prototypes for user feedback.
- Mentor and guide more junior UX Designers.
- Work closely with the Strategy, Creative and Development teams to ensure that UX solutions are effectively implemented.
- Present to clients and colleagues to defend your UX solutions with clear explanations, data to back them up, and clever reasoning skills.
- Help plan and run internal and client facing UX Strategy and Design workshops
- Explore new, competing experiences and UX/UI methods.
- Provide a future-thinking, user-focused experience perspective to project work. Be the voice of the user throughout the process while working within the context of business goals and technical realities.
Who you are
- Proven work experience as a principal UX Designer on five (5) or more large product design projects, from start to finish, outside of a school environment.
- Advanced skills in all aspects of UX Design such as information architecture, experience mapping, wireframing, prototyping, and have real-world work to prove it.
- Highly skilled at conducting UX Research activities such as user interviews, concept testing, card sorting, surveys, usability testing, etc.
- Experience designing with the Atomic Design methodology and translating designs into digital Design Systems.
- Experience helping run design workshops, such as Design Sprints.
- Skilled working in an iterative and collaborative Agile process.
- Clear and effective communication about your design ideas and solutions when presenting to teams and clients.
- Advanced skills in using UX Design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, AdobeXD, and InVision.
- Experience in leading more junior UX Designers during the Design process.
Our Mission & Values
The iCrossing mission is to Transform Experiences. The “we” is implied, but never taken for granted. This mission impacts the way we work, the way we think, the way we treat one another, and the way we evolve into what we want to be. We operate as a community of humans, and we can adapt and evolve because we are guided by values not rules. Our core values map back to our vision.
- Be Kind: lead with compassion. What you truly know about someone’s life is very little.
- Lead with Candor: know the line. Is what you say true, good, and useful?
- We Before Me: lead for others. The sum is always going to be greater than the parts.
We evolve clients for a human-centric future - creating a better world for everyone.
No longer accepting applications
Don't miss out! Drop your email to get notified for UX Designer roles
How It Works
Create your Profile for Free
Build your Twine portfolio to highlight your skills, and experience, while setting your desired pay rate.
Send Customized Pitches
Pitch for available jobs that match your skills, and access exclusive opportunities that are specifically tailored to your expertise.
Secure Payment Process
Clients make upfront Vault payments held by Twine, ensuring freelancer payment security, with 0% commission for freelancers.