Instrument: Senior Back End Developer (Freelance) United States
Back-End Developer is needed in United States.
This job has been crawled from the web.
Instrument is a digital product and brand experience agency of more than 400 talented people on a dozen different teams, each focused on particular clients and dedicated to producing best-in-class work. Our shift to a remote-first model has only strengthened and diversified our company culture, and we’re committed to career advancement, personal support, and a healthy work/life balance for everyone we hire.
You’ll Join Us As a Backend Developer
You’re an experienced backend developer with experience writing Python using Django and Wagtail CMS, who can architect and execute on medium to large scale applications. You know how to write backend models and business logic to support a frontend with features such as pagination, searching and filtering, and caching. You are familiar with component driven design systems and creating a CMS to support them. You’ll tackle any size problem with the appropriate solution, and can articulate the process in understandable terms to the rest of your team.
Instrument is looking for a Backend Developer to join our team to help out on a project from 9/25-11/17 at 40 hours/week. This developer will be helping to re-design and re-platform our clients website, to meet the needs of an MVP launch in November to help build upon the site infrastructure and capabilities for a full site launch next year.
What You’ll Do
- Diagram and document systems and processes
- Clearly communicate with your product manager and team throughout projects
- Engage and consult with stakeholders
- Work collaboratively and proactively in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Do great work and be great to work with
What You’ll Bring
- 5 years experience in back-end development
- Fluent in Python, Django, and Wagtail
- Ability to design and write APIs
- Ability to write component models within a Django and Wagtail environment
- Experience with containerized deployments
- Experience working with Docker
- Experience deploying to Google Cloud Platform and specifically Google App Engine is a plus
- Solid history of continuous integration, including architecting solutions where needed
- Ability to architect medium to large scale systems
- Ability to diagram & document systems & solutions
- Positive, supportive attitude to remove roadblocks rather than create them
- Collaboration, flexibility, hustle, humility, confidence
- The expected pay range for this role is $65 - 84 per hour of US 3
- Our company has three regional pay bands that it adheres to depending on your location, we -reference them as US 1, US 2, and US 3.
- US 3 is our base pay. Examples of cities in US 3 are Portland, Houston and Miami.
- US 2 pay is 7.5% higher than US 3 to meet the market rates. Examples of cities in US 2 are Los Angeles, Chicago and Seattle.
- US 1 pay is 15% higher than US 3 to meet market rates. Examples of cities in US 1 are Brooklyn and San Francisco.
- If you are curious which region you are in, please apply and get connected with our recruiting team!
No longer accepting applications
Don't miss out! Drop your email to get notified for Back-End Developer roles
How It Works
Create your Profile for Free
Build your Twine portfolio to highlight your skills, and experience, while setting your desired pay rate.
Send Customized Pitches
Pitch for available jobs that match your skills, and access exclusive opportunities that are specifically tailored to your expertise.
Secure Payment Process
Clients make upfront Vault payments held by Twine, ensuring freelancer payment security, with 0% commission for freelancers.