Carbon Direct: Brand Designer San Francisco, United States
Brand Designer is needed in San Francisco, United States.
This job has been crawled from the web.
Client: Carbon Direct
Location: San Francisco, United States
Enable organizations to reduce, remove, and utilize their emissions with carbon science
Global citizens with global impact
Whether a scientist, developer, or carbon markets expert, we are united by our mission to take climate action now. We are experts in our fields and we act with confidence. Located across 4 countries and 10+ states in the U.S., we offer both remote-friendly work options and dynamic, in-person experiences with offices located in Seattle, WA and Oakland, CA.
Diverse backgrounds bring diverse perspectives
We recognize that teams with diverse backgrounds and different experiences are powerful. Bringing together a variety of perspectives only enhances how we can effectively address the climate crisis. Together, we are creating an environment where everyone is celebrated and anyone can succeed.
- You’ll report to the Creative Director on the Brand Design team within our Marketing org, responsible for producing designs for marketing initiatives, product launches, the website, client deliverables, and other touch points within the company.
- You’ll collaborate closely with stakeholders of Carbon Direct’s sister company, Carbon Direct Capital, to develop smart and consistent pitch deck designs for high-profile clients.
- You’ll collaborate with the Product Marketing, Content Marketing, and Demand Gen teams to support their business goals while finding ways to build awareness and drive affinity for the Carbon Direct brand.
- You’ll participate in regular design reviews with both Brand and Product Designers where you’ll seek out specific feedback on your designs and incorporate relevant comments.
- With support from the Creative Director, you’ll manage project intake and collaborate with partners on project timelines and rounds of feedback.
- If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we’re looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Experience as a brand or graphic designer at an agency, in-house, or freelance.
- Strong portfolio that shows good instincts for typography, composition and overall craft.
- Experience and interest in developing client pitch decks in both Google Slides and Powerpoint.
- Experience developing designs for web and maintaining a website design system.
- Experience working within existing brand guidelines, knowing when and how to flex them to push creative bounds.
- Ability to explain your creative vision and listen to feedback.
- Very strong cross-functional collaboration and communication skills, able to effectively work in a remote environment.
- Understanding of Adobe CC, Figma, and the full Google Suite.
- Must submit an online or PDF portfolio to be considered.
- Experience working in Framer and an understanding of managing a website builder tool and CMS.
- Experience in the climate or investment spaces.
- Experience in photo/video art direction, motion graphics, and video editing.
While we love our work, our lives aren’t defined by it. At Carbon Direct, we offer a robust benefits package that considers the whole person, their partners, and their families – and we’re always looking to improve.
Our U.S. benefits\* include:
- Comprehensive nationwide medical, dental, and vision coverage. See a preview of our coverage here.
- Time off as needed: Flexible vacation policy and ten company-wide holidays, plus annual winter break between Christmas and New Year’s
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental and family leave with no tenure requirement
- Remote-friendly work culture with annual company-wide retreats
- Reimbursement for your work-from-home setup and monthly work-from-home stipend
Please note that the benefits described apply to U.S.-based employees only. For our international employees, our benefits package varies by each country and its statutory requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Carbon Direct is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. We adhere rigorously to our equal employment opportunity policies in connection with all employment decisions, including hiring, compensation and promotion.
How It Works
Create your Profile for Free
Build your Twine portfolio to highlight your skills, and experience, while setting your desired pay rate.
Send Customized Pitches
Pitch for available jobs that match your skills, and access exclusive opportunities that are specifically tailored to your expertise.
Secure Payment Process
Clients make upfront Vault payments held by Twine, ensuring freelancer payment security, with 0% commission for freelancers.