Hey 👋 – Welcome to the Twine Blog!
Here at Twine, we pride ourselves in publishing only the freshest, high-quality content for our wonderful community of over 400,000 freelancers and of course, you! We also get a large volume of guest post proposals – so, in order to ensure a speedy and positive response, make sure to stick to these guidelines!
Here are a few basics about us:
The content we publish ranges from animation and graphic design all the way to web development and freelance insurance! The theme that ties everything together, however, is making it for or about creative freelancers. We want our blog to be a resource to any and all – this means our content should be authoritative, educational, but most importantly, fun! That’s it – that’s our goal!
Side-note: we won’t accept any unoriginal, previously published content. We also won’t accept any content that is spammy, overly promotional or that isn’t relevant for our audience.
So, whether it’s creative freelancers, clients looking to hire, start-ups, large corp’s or students – our blog caters to anyone looking for creative inspiration, visionary thinking and tips and tricks on the freelance biz’.
Pitching a Guest Post Proposal:
- Browse, browse and browse again: seriously, familiarise yourself with the blog. Have a look at the format we publish – our blogs tend to range from 1,500 to 2,000 words with simple, in-depth explanations. Make sure you’re writing to readers of all levels, which means no long, overly complicated sentences using the industry lingo. Oh, and don’t forget to add a bit of yourself in there – make it fun!
- Have we already covered your topic? In your browser’s search bar, type “site:twine.net/blog/” followed by the topic you want to talk about. For example, if you wanted to write an article on web design trends, you’d type “site:twine.net/blog/ web design trends” and voila! If we don’t have an article on the topic, great, we’d love to hear from you!
If your topic has already been covered, figure out a way to make your article more original – what differences could you provide to the content to make it more beneficial and relevant to our audience?
- Tell us about yourself: is this your first time wanting to contribute to a blog? Great, tell us about it! Are you a pro content writer and have a whole archive of previously published articles? Amazing, tell us more! We want to hear about what makes you the best person for publishing on the Twine Blog!
Starting your Guest Post:
Okay, so we’ve had a look at your topic and we think it’d be great to go on the blog – amazing! You’re on to the next step, getting started with writing your article. Here’s what we’d like you to adhere to…
- Article Length: this isn’t strict, but preferably 1,500 to 2,000 words, with no dense blocks of copy – add lists or break up paragraphs!
- Include a Conclusion: c’mon, don’t leave the article hanging!
- Have a Bio: just a couple of sentences about who you are and what you do – can include a headshot image, any links to your business site, social media handles etc (just keep it professional!).
- MUST HAVE Images: this ties in with the whole ‘fun’ concept – make sure your article is engaging to read. We recommend an image under the title and then one per every subheading, but this is entirely up to you. Images don’t have to be original (although that would be amazing!) just non-copyright.
What to Expect:
Due to the immense volume of guest post submissions, we try to keep our response time to 1-2 weeks. If after 2 weeks you haven’t heard from us, please do reach out again!
Reviewing your draft:
Once we’re happy with your topic, we’ll ask you to send over a draft. The draft will then be assessed by our editorial team to see if it meets the correct quality standards.
If your draft is successful, please do expect a few edits to be made – this is to keep consistency along the style of our blog. If any adjustments need to be made on your end, i.e. a better quality image sent over, a change to a section of copy, more copy – we’ll be in contact with you.
This could take anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks, depending on how full our backlog of guest posts is! Just know we will keep you updated so you’re aware of when your article is published.
We also promote our Twine Blog content on our social media regularly – if you’d like to be included in our posts, please send over your social media handles beforehand so you can share with your own network!
Get started here!
Think you’re ready to submit a guest post? Email Tannah over at email@example.com – make sure the subject line is your full name, followed by (GUEST POST). We look forward to seeing what you come up with!