Samson Sound and Lighting: Live Sound Engineer/Front of House/A1 Audio Tech Los Angeles, United States
Sound Engineer is needed in Los Angeles, United States.
This job has been crawled from the web.
Client: Samson Sound and Lighting
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Samson Sound & Lighting is hiring Freelance Live-Sound Engineers to join our live events team as an A1 Audio Technician. Our Audio Engineers are responsible for the set-up and breakdown of sound systems at a variety of events including conferences, concerts, panels, plays, private parties, and more. During events, Audio Engineers work with our entire lighting, projection, and video team to provide our clients with exceptional service. Our A1s are responsible for mixing live sound at venues, playing playback tracks, recording stereo and multi-track recordings of events, as well as mixing for broadcast when we are live-streaming. Our ideal candidate is a team player with attention to detail who knows how to operate a variety of analog and digital mixing consoles and has managed sound in different types of venues.
- At least 5 years of experience as an audio engineer or other audio management roles and practical experience with sound equipment at live events.
- A team player with excellent communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail, multi-tasking, and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to work under pressure and stay calm when things go wrong.
- Technical expertise in sound engineering techniques including but not limited to routing, equalization, room tuning, etc.
- Working knwlege of microphone techniques for confrences and speakers as well as live bands and instruments.
- Experience with live sound mixing and recording equipment. Experience with Midas M32 and Touchmix 30 digital consoles is a plus.
- Expertise with wireless systems including finding open channels, grouping and scanning receivers, syncing transmitters, and managing mic charts during complex shows. Shure ecosystem and Axient wireless experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of recording software and hardware.
- Knowledge of power distrobution and electrical systems as related to the entertainment and events industry.
- General knowledge of all technical production categories, including but not limited to audio, lighting, staging, and video is encouraged.
- General knowledge of a variety of DJ consoles is encouraged.
- Professional dress and conduct at all times.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds and perform in a relatively loud work environment
- COVID-19 vaccination will be required for this position subject to legally valid exemptions.
- Following instructions and details from directors, producers, etc. and collaborating with fellow team members, clients, and performers.
- Meeting internal and client quality standards by understanding projects and using the correct equipment and techniques.
- Communicating and coordinating with other team members to ensure deadlines are met and projects are completed to specifications.
- Providing oversight to other audio team members during live productions.
- Collaborating with lighting, camera, and other members of the Samson Sound team.
- Deploying and testing sound equipment safely and on time before events, broadcasts, or recordings. This includes setting up speaker systems, running audio cables, setting up microphones and other equipment, and testing for volume, tone, and clarity.
- Editing, mixing, and manipulating recorded and live sound.
- Operating mixing consoles and regulating volume levels and sound quality.
- Playing backing tracks and special effects during live events.
- Testing and troubleshooting equipment regularly, resolving technical issues when they arise, and communicating with staff about needed repairs or upgrades.
- Participating in training opportunities and constantly finding new ways to improve skills.
- Making recommendations on equipment or software upgrades and replacement
Pay: $25.00 - $35.00 per hour
No longer accepting applications
Don't miss out! Drop your email to get notified for Sound Engineer roles
How It Works
Create your Profile for Free
Build your Twine portfolio to highlight your skills, and experience, while setting your desired pay rate.
Send Customized Pitches
Pitch for available jobs that match your skills, and access exclusive opportunities that are specifically tailored to your expertise.
Secure Payment Process
Clients make upfront Vault payments held by Twine, ensuring freelancer payment security, with 0% commission for freelancers.