GSK: Director, Global Digital Communications (1Y FTC) Brentford, United Kingdom
Creative Director is needed in Brentford, United Kingdom.
This job has been crawled from the web.
Location: Brentford, United Kingdom
Contract: 1 Year Fixed Term Contract
This role is a 1 year temporary assignment to cover maternity leave.
To meet our bold ambitions for the future, GSK needs brilliant digital communications to help build belief in the future of the company; supporting business performance and positively impacting the lives of patients.
More than one million people externally see GSK digital content on a weekly basis with hundreds of thousands of engagements every month. As such, our digital content has a huge impact on our reputation as a business.
To be effective, our content needs to be:
- of the highest quality
- shared where our audiences are – primarily on social media
- coordinated, so our audiences aren’t overwhelmed
- consistent so they hear the same/similar message regardless of channel and location
The primary purpose of this role is to lead a team of experts in the creation of highly creative and impactful social media communications. This role will set the benchmark for social media at GSK and act as editor in chief of the newsflow through global digital channels, continually improving the quality, pace, consistency and impact, of content published to GSK’s most important audiences.
- Lead a team of social media and digital comms experts creating impactful, global, digital communications and setting the benchmark for social media excellence at GSK
- Translate the communications priorities of the global leadership team (GLT) and comms lead team (CGALT) into a global digital content calendar for external audiences which is perfectly in synch with our internal comms calendar
- Partner across Comms and Government Affairs (CGA) – in particular corporate affairs, innovation, internal engagement and market comms teams – to source and create digital content and campaigns aligned with the global content calendar
- Lead editing and publishing of content to external global corporate channels – social media, GSK.com and publishing of content to internal global news channels
- Ultimately responsible for the quality, consistency and impact of all content published to external global channels
- Manage social media engagement and audience interaction with leadership of dedicated agency resource
- Measure and continually improve impact of external global digital content and campaigns
- Lead a team of 4 content managers with responsibility for their performance and personal development
- Ensure all corporate digital content and processes are fully compliant with UK (ABPI) and relevant global regulations
- Establish and maintain a network of peers and understanding of external best practise
We are looking for a strong leader with strong experience in communications and real passion and expertise in digital and social media
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Experience in and deep understanding of producing content for external audiences through digital with a particular focus on social media content
- Deep knowledge of external digital channels – in particular social media - and how they can be leveraged to deliver content strategy. Experience in creation of content strategy and executional calendars for global, corporate activity
- First class writing, editing and visual storytelling skills for digital
- Experience managing the development and activity of digital content teams
- Understanding of the power of imagery and video for digital storytelling
- Knowledge and experience of applying digital insights to set targets for and constantly improve content and campaigns
No longer accepting applications
Don't miss out! Drop your email to get notified for Creative Director roles
How It Works
Create your Profile for Free
Build your Twine portfolio to highlight your skills, and experience, while setting your desired pay rate.
Send Customized Pitches
Pitch for available jobs that match your skills, and access exclusive opportunities that are specifically tailored to your expertise.
Secure Payment Process
Clients make upfront Vault payments held by Twine, ensuring freelancer payment security, with 0% commission for freelancers.