Pottermore Publishing: Audio Production Manager - 12 Month FTC London, United Kingdom
Audio Engineer is needed in London, United Kingdom.
This job has been crawled from the web.
Client: Pottermore Publishing
Location: London, UK
Contract: Contractor, 12 Months Fixed Term
WHO WE ARE
Pottermore Publishing is the global digital publisher of the Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts series, as well as other audiobooks and eBooks from the Wizarding World™. We aim to lead the way in innovative digital publishing and to bring new generations of readers together with long-standing fans, celebrating and bringing to life the stories that first began with the Boy Who Lived. We operate under the same roof as The Blair Partnership, working as close colleagues with a shared culture. Together, we’re focused on making things happen in order to deliver real-world creative and commercial impact. We achieve this by believing and staying true to our values: Expertise, Partnership, Integrity, Creativity. Pottermore Publishing is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where all talent and potential is valued. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and recognise the value that this adds to our business.
WHAT OUR TEAM DOES
The Product Development Team are principally responsible for the creation of Wizarding World eBooks and Digital Audiobooks in multiple languages. We create eBooks based on existing print editions and brand-new recordings of the stories using the best available narration and production talent, priding ourselves on creating market-leading products that utilise the latest in production techniques. We distribute our products and product information directly to global digital retailers and libraries.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
The Audio Production Manager will work closely with the Head of Audio Development in the creation of recordings of the Harry Potter and Hogwarts Library catalogue in foreign languages. They will be required to communicate with a wide range of internal teams as well as maintain close contact with external partners, who range from production companies to global retailers. They will be expected to use their expertise and knowledge to support the creation of new audio products, providing input across all elements of the production including translation, casting, pre-production, recording, post-production, QA, budget tracking and product delivery. The Audio Production Manager will also use their audio editing skills to catalogue Pottermore’s existing audio assets and to cut audio clips for teams within the business.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
- For the production of Harry Potter audiobooks, the Hogwarts Library catalogue and additional new audio products, in both English and other languages, the Audio Production Manager will support the Head of Audio Development in:
- Onboarding teams/team members at our production partners and ensuring they understand our processes.
- Researching markets we’re working in to help inform the casting and production phases.
- Short-listing and gaining franchise approval for narrator choices.
- Approving recordings and managing production schedules to make sure the production is delivered on schedule and ensuring that any changes to the schedule are communicated and approved by the wider Publishing team.
- Providing feedback and answer any questions that come in from partners during the production.
- Providing ‘hands on’ production management throughout pre-production, production and post-production, including:
- Creation of recording scripts.
- Managing the recording process, working closely with the external teams involved and briefing the director before recording.
- Managing the post-production & QA process, including providing direction and feedback on sound design creation, editing, and the final mix.
- Managing the final deliverables and helping preparations for distribution.
- Storage and archiving of final assets.
- Assisting in the development and refinement of processes, specifically relating to the cataloguing and storage of audio assets.
- For the cataloguing of Pottermore’s audio assets the Audio Production Manager will:
- Work with members of the team to learn the audio cataloguing software.
- Cut the audio assets according to a brief.
- Add metadata to the files where necessary.
- Manage file sharing with other teams.
Ad hoc support to the Head of Audio Development and the wider Product Development team as necessary.
Experience, Technical Knowledge and Skills
- 5+ years experience of all elements of the audio production process from pre to post-production, working across multiple titles
- Experience of working with DAWs
- Experience operating in a recording studio or production environment
- Experience of working with actors and the casting process, with the ability to apply these skills to working in overseas market you may be unfamiliar with
- Experience of managing a contracting process
- Project management and stakeholder management experience
- Adaptable approach with an ability to cope with change
- Ability to prioritise your workload across multiple workstreams and deliver against tight deadlines
- Collaborative, organised with rigorous attention to detail
- Strong team-working skills and the ability to maintain good working relationships with internal and external teams
- Knowledge and understanding of the Harry Potter canon and Wizarding World franchise helpful but not required
No longer accepting applications
Don't miss out! Drop your email to get notified for Audio Engineer roles
How It Works
Create your Profile for Free
Build your Twine portfolio to highlight your skills, and experience, while setting your desired pay rate.
Send Customized Pitches
Pitch for available jobs that match your skills, and access exclusive opportunities that are specifically tailored to your expertise.
Secure Payment Process
Clients make upfront Vault payments held by Twine, ensuring freelancer payment security, with 0% commission for freelancers.