RADcube, LLC: Data Engineer (1Y Contract) Cincinnati, United States
Programmer is needed in Cincinnati, United States.
This job has been crawled from the web.
Client: RADcube, LLC
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Contract: Contract until 12/2024
Join the Enterprise Modernization Finance IT team as we develop and support the Data Product Strategy for Finance, Accounting, and Treasury. You will work with other Data Engineers on various Snowflake, DataStage, and SQL efforts. We have a strong culture of collaboration and mentorship. You will work with two of our Principal Data Engineers who will mentor you on our Data Product Strategy.
The data engineer designs and builds platforms, tools, and solutions that help the bank manage, secure, and generate value from its data. The person in this role creates scalable and reusable solutions for gathering, collecting, storing, processing, and serving data on both small and very large (i.e. Big Data) scales. These solutions can include on-premise and cloud-based data platforms, and solutions in any of the following domains ETL, business intelligence, analytics, persistence (relational, NoSQL, data lakes), search, messaging, data warehousing, stream processing, and machine learning. Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank’s risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
General Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for design, Development, and Support of data solutions, APIs, tools, and processes to enable rapid delivery of business capabilities.
- Work closely with IT application teams, Enterprise architecture, infrastructure, information security, and LOB stakeholders to translate business and technical strategies into data-driven solutions for the Bank.
- Act as a technical Expert addressing problems related to system and application design, performance, integration, security, etc.
- Conduct research and Development based on current trends and technologies related to the banking industry, data engineering and architecture, data security, and related topics.
- Work with developers to Build CI/CD pipelines, Self-service Build tools, and automated deployment processes.
- Evaluate software products and Provide documented recommendations as needed.
- Provide Support and troubleshooting for data platforms. Must be willing to Provide escalated on-call Support for complicated and/or critical incidents.
- Participate in the planning process for hardware and software.
- Plan and work on internal projects as needed, including legacy system replacement, Monitoring and analytics improvements, tool Development, and technical documentation.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring for other team members.
- Manage and prioritize multiple assignments.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to communicate ideas both verbally and in writing to management, business and IT sponsors, and technical resources in language that is appropriate for each group.
- Fundamental understanding of distributed computing principles.
- Knowledge of application and data security concepts, best practices, and common vulnerabilities.
- Conceptual understanding of one or more of the following disciplines preferred big data technologies and distributions, metadata management products, commercial ETL tools, Bi and reporting tools, messaging systems, data warehousing, Java (language and run time environment), major version control systems, continuous integration/delivery tools, infrastructure automation and virtualization tools, major cloud, or rest API design and development.
Role Must Haves:
- ETL Packages: IBM DataStage 11.7/11.5/9.1/8.7(Designer)
- Languages/Tools: SQL, PL/SQL, Scripting Experience (examples: C++, Perl, Python, UNIX Shell Scripting)
- Hybrid Work: 2-3 days per week with team in the office
- Desire to learn new things and be taught 5/3s Data Product Strategy and Tools
Role Nice To Haves:
- Databases: Hands on Snowflake development, Python, DBT, DB2, Oracle 11g/10g/9i
- Bigdata Tools: HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, Kafka, Sqoop, Impala
- Minimum of 2 years hands on technical experience – junior level is ok
No longer accepting applications
Don't miss out! Drop your email to get notified for Programmer roles
How It Works
Create your Profile for Free
Build your Twine portfolio to highlight your skills, and experience, while setting your desired pay rate.
Send Customized Pitches
Pitch for available jobs that match your skills, and access exclusive opportunities that are specifically tailored to your expertise.
Secure Payment Process
Clients make upfront Vault payments held by Twine, ensuring freelancer payment security, with 0% commission for freelancers.