Critical Mass: Freelance Art Director London, United Kingdom
Art Director is needed in London, United Kingdom.
This job has been crawled from the web.
Client: Critical Mass
Location: London, UK
Output: Fulfill client’s business objectives and communicate them to all project stakeholders by generating concept ideas and providing creative direction and oversight within a project.
Typically provided by Associate Creative Director or Creative Director but can be adapted to suit an account and/or office location.
Nature of Role:
‘Driver and Ensurer’: here to drive the creative with their ideas and project delivery at a mastery level with little oversight. Role models how to organize, how to show up in meetings, represent the company and what good work means and looks like. Mobilizes the team around a project providing development opportunities that grow internal talent.
Skills Developed Creative:
- Generate ideas, set the visual and hold designer accountable to the concept brief
- Collaborate with all disciplines and steer or influence from a bigger picture view
- Craft and tell a story that ladders up to the overall brand
- Present themselves and company with respect in creative and execution
- Speak to all aspects of the concept not just visual components
- Push the work forward within the team and the client; direct and delegate work
- Work with strategy and account management for a broader sense of the client, their business, and the key problems to solve with a project
- Refined, precise design that pushes the boundaries
- Ability to work on more complex projects
- Defend, rationalize & challenge from a strategic, consumer & business objective
- Execute and map back to account/company vision in each project tied to it
- Work closely with project delivery to understand timelines and delivery requirements
- Balance the execution of a higher volume of asks
- Collaborate with leads on the project for decision making and execution
- Know who to go to figure out the next step
- Provide feedback to less experienced designers/copywriters and cross-functional peers
- Mobilize and inspire project team around the ask and design direction
- Identify and develop talent by giving them tasks that help them get noticed and push their skills
- Identify account growth opportunities and secure new business
- Identify and communicate areas of process improvement
- Relationship building with key leads of the account
- Take in a brief, read and understand and generate ideas
- Writing, thinking, concepting, pulling examples, making mood boards, researching in a conceptual capacity
- Brainstorming, concept development, and creative briefs
- Pull together a team to execute on a brief
- Collaborate and direct vendors and partner agencies
- Defend work to client, deliver client feedback
- Making design decisions in collaboration with cross-functional peers
- Track milestones on multiple asks and liaise with Creative Director on progress
- Internal reviews, meetings w other leads to discuss resourcing and how people are doing
- Present at a day-to-day level to the client
No longer accepting applications
Don't miss out! Drop your email to get notified for Art Director roles
How It Works
Create your Profile for Free
Build your Twine portfolio to highlight your skills, and experience, while setting your desired pay rate.
Send Customized Pitches
Pitch for available jobs that match your skills, and access exclusive opportunities that are specifically tailored to your expertise.
Secure Payment Process
Clients make upfront Vault payments held by Twine, ensuring freelancer payment security, with 0% commission for freelancers.