North Carolina State University: Communications Coordinator Raleigh, United States
Media Coordinator is needed in Raleigh, United States.
This job has been crawled from the web.
Client: North Carolina State University
Location: Raleigh, United States
Brief Description of Unit:
- Since 1972, NC State LIVE has established a regional and national reputation as a professional performing arts presenter of the highest artistic excellence.
- NC State LIVE’s mission is to connect artists and audiences in a meaningful exploration of the cultures and issues that define our communities and world. The artists we present are critically acclaimed, internationally recognized, and able to push boundaries while building bridges.
- NC State LIVE’s professional performing arts series serves both the Triangle community and the mission of DASA and the University.
Programming typically includes the following annually:
- Mainstage Series of jazz, contemporary dance, global music, theatre, and multidisciplinary projects;
- Kidstuff Series serving families with children in grades K-5);
- School Matinee Series serving children grades K-5 in public, private, charter and home schools;
- LIVE@Lake Raleigh – a free series of outdoor, family-friendly concerts featuring NC musicians);
- Community engagement and residency programs with artists co-created with campus and community partners including workshops, master classes, conversations, and other educational events.
At the heart of NC State LIVE’s programming is our dedication to campus and community engagement, developed in alignment with the vision, mission, and values of DASA and NC State University at large.
Believing that the arts are an effective vehicle for exploring and understanding complex issues and an important spark for dialogue with our communities, we seek to program artists who are committed to engaging our community and patrons beyond the performance.
Almost every artist who performs at NC State offers our community some type of engagement in addition to their performances. And each season we provide residencies to a few artists who connect more deeply with our campus and the surrounding community.
Primary Purpose of Position:
- The Communications Coordinator provides key communication, design, and audience engagement support for the NC State LIVE performing arts series at NC State University.
Job duties include:
- Coordinate marketing efforts for NC State LIVE (including graphic design, direct mail, writing/editing, social media, display advertising, email marketing, web, and radio) in adherence with NC State University brand standards;
- Together with NC State LIVE team, develop audience communications (pre and post-show emails, audience surveys, playbills, e-newsletters, and other communications);
- Serve as copywriter and/or editor for NC State LIVE communications;
- Design and develop content to communicate about the program (social media posts, playbills, digital billboards, ads, flyers, banners, etc.);
- Review and edit the work of freelance designers and videographers as needed;
- Update the NC State LIVE website (WordPress) with accurate and brand appropriate content;
- Together with NC State LIVE team, develop marketing and communication strategies to reach students, staff, faculty, and off-campus audiences;
- Work with NC State LIVE vendors (ad agencies, printers, mailhouse, etc.) to ensure high quality work and competitive pricing;
- Coordinate publicity efforts with local media and press;
- Coordinate engagement and cross-promotional efforts with local organizations and campus partners;
- Assist NC State LIVE team at events (communicating with audiences, effectively displaying marketing materials, ensuring strategies are executed, and other event related tasks as needed);
- Together with NC State LIVE team, develop surveys and reports to analyze and assess NC State LIVE’s marketing and outreach efforts.
No longer accepting applications
Don't miss out! Drop your email to get notified for Media Coordinator roles
How It Works
Create your Profile for Free
Build your Twine portfolio to highlight your skills, and experience, while setting your desired pay rate.
Send Customized Pitches
Pitch for available jobs that match your skills, and access exclusive opportunities that are specifically tailored to your expertise.
Secure Payment Process
Clients make upfront Vault payments held by Twine, ensuring freelancer payment security, with 0% commission for freelancers.