Maximus: Sr. COBOL Programmer – part-time United States
Programmer is needed in United States.
This job has been crawled from the web.
Contract: Part Time
Job Description Summary:
Maximus is seeking a part-time Senior COBOL Programmer to support our Internal Revenue Service (IRS) client.
- Create, update, unit test, and maintain IBM COBOL programs
- Update documentation such as Functional Specification Packages (FSPs) or Program Requirements Packages (PRPs) and/or Visio diagrams, and/or spreadsheets as needed
- Track requirements and create/execute unit test cases
- Write, analyze, review and/or provide comments on documentation such as Unified Work Requests (UWR), UWR responses and Internal Revenue Manuals (IRM), Interface Control Documents (ICD) Computer Operator Handbooks (COH)
- Rewrite programs, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, tax processing subject matter expertise, and symbolic logic.
- Perform or direct the revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements
- Consult with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes
- Perform systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software
- Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program
- Prepare detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operation, and convert them into a series of instructions coded in a computer language
- Consult with and assist testers in the development, SAT and FIT environments
This is a Part-time position and will average approximately 20 hours a week.
Location of work is 100% remote from home in U.S.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university required; an additional four (4) years of related work experience can substitute for a degree
- At least five (5) years of relevant experience required with IRS processing systems, particularly the Tax Return Database (TRDB)
- Experience with IBM COBOL programming language
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated success in client support
- Ability to interface with all levels of management
- Ability to perform complex tasks with minimal supervision and guidance
- Excellent time management, scheduling and organizational skills
- Ability to work well independently or in a team setting
- Preferred qualifications and experience include: experience with DB2 and IBM utilities
- Candidates must have held an active IRS MBI clearance within the last 2 years to qualify.
- Candidates must be a US Citizen or a Legal Permanent Resident (Green Card status) for at least three (3) years, and Federal Tax compliant
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- 5-7 years of related experience required.
- Ability to perform complex tasks with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Pay Transparency: Maximus compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to job location, a candidate’s education, training, experience, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value analysis including seniority and merit systems, as well as internal pay alignment. Annual salary is just one component of Maximus’s total compensation package. Other rewards may include short- and long-term incentives as well as program-specific awards. Additionally, Maximus provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off. Compensation ranges may differ based on contract value but will be commensurate with job duties and relevant work experience. An applicant’s salary history will not be used in determining compensation. Maximus will comply with regulatory minimum wage rates and exempt salary thresholds in all instances. Posted Max: USD $130,000.00/Yr. Posted Min: USD $120,000.00/Yr.
No longer accepting applications
Don't miss out! Drop your email to get notified for Programmer roles
How It Works
Create your Profile for Free
Build your Twine portfolio to highlight your skills, and experience, while setting your desired pay rate.
Send Customized Pitches
Pitch for available jobs that match your skills, and access exclusive opportunities that are specifically tailored to your expertise.
Secure Payment Process
Clients make upfront Vault payments held by Twine, ensuring freelancer payment security, with 0% commission for freelancers.