University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill: Systems Programmer/Analyst (Temp) Chapel Hill, United States
Programmer is needed in Chapel Hill, United States.
This job has been crawled from the web.
Client: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Location: Chapel Hill, United States
Contract: Temporary, Part Time
Primary Purpose of Organizational Unit:
- The UNC School of Medicine has a rich tradition of excellence and care. Our mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of North Carolinians, and others whom we serve. We accomplish this by providing leadership and excellence in the interrelated areas of patient care, education, and research. We strive to promote faculty, staff, and learner development in a diverse, respectful environment where our colleagues demonstrate professionalism, enhance learning, and create personal and professional sustainability. We optimize our partnership with the UNC Health System through close collaboration and commitment to service.
- We are seeking a talented and innovative programmer to join our dynamic team as a temporary Scientific Laboratory Information System Programmer. In this role, the candidate will play a pivotal role in bridging the gap between scientific researchers and cutting-edge technology by developing a state-of-the-art Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS). The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of software programming, hardware integration, and a passion for creating seamless solutions that enhance scientific research workflows.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or closely related degree from an appropriately accredited institution; and one year of experience in operations analysis and design systems programming or closely related area; or
- Associate’s degree in Computer Information Technology, Computer Engineering Technology or Networking Technology from an appropriately accredited institution and two years of experience in operations analysis and design, systems programming or closely related area; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Qualifications, Competencies, and Experience:
- Experience in software programming using Python, C++, and/or Java. Background in database design, implementation, and management, ensuring efficient data storage and retrieval. Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot technical challenges in a laboratory setting. Effective communication skills to collaborate with scientific researchers to gather requirements and provide technical support.
Preferred Qualifications, Competencies, and Experience:
- Experience with programming single-board computers (i.e., Raspberry Pi) and microcontroller devices. Experience in mobile app development, designing intuitive and user-friendly interfaces for mobile applications. Familiarity with RFID hardware setup and integration, enabling accurate sample tracking and inventory management. Sound knowledge of networking principles, protocols, and configurations to establish smooth communication between system components.
No longer accepting applications
Don't miss out! Drop your email to get notified for Programmer roles
How It Works
Create your Profile for Free
Build your Twine portfolio to highlight your skills, and experience, while setting your desired pay rate.
Send Customized Pitches
Pitch for available jobs that match your skills, and access exclusive opportunities that are specifically tailored to your expertise.
Secure Payment Process
Clients make upfront Vault payments held by Twine, ensuring freelancer payment security, with 0% commission for freelancers.