Spotlight Events: 2024 Announcer for Dance Competition Tour Salt Lake City, United States
Presenter is needed in Salt Lake City, United States.
This job has been crawled from the web.
Client: Spotlight Events, Inc.
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Pay Range: Varies Based on Experience & Event Registration/Show Size. Range of $450-$850 per weekend.
Spotlight Events, Inc. is an employee-owned (ESOP) company based in Eagle, Idaho. We are a touring National Dance Competition and producers of competitive dance events throughout the United States with 28 years’ experience. Our ESOP company runs on the EOS platform (Entrepreneurial Operating System) and focuses on accountability and excellence in everything we do. Spotlight continues to expand, providing exceptional opportunities for career growth.
COMPANY CORE FOCUS: Inspiring and Celebrating Young Adults through the Art of Dance.
EMPLOYEE CORE VALUES: Break A Leg enthusiasm, The Show Must Go On mindset, Support Your Friends attitude, A Cut
The Successful Spotlight Team Member
Successful Spotlight team members are committed to effective and proactive communication principles. They work cross functionally with tact, diplomacy, integrity, and professionalism. Personal organization, time management, attention to detail, follow-through and general project management processes are followed regularly. When needed, they can manage multiple priorities, work independently or in a team, work with time sensitive projects and demands simultaneously, while prioritizing long-term projects and deadlines. Being positive, flexible, and adaptable with critical thinking and problem-solving skills is necessary for success. Having superior customer service skills and the ability to identify efficiencies and opportunities for improvement are a must. They pride themselves on their ability to exhibit the Spotlight core values and become a reliable, dependable, and trustworthy team member.
Required Qualifications & Competencies
- Emcee or public performance experience and skills
- Strong reading and public speaking skills
- Audio playback experience or knowledge regarding mixing live audio on analog consoles is a plus
- Adept at providing smooth, consistent technical performance to minimize downtime and engage attendees
- Sense of maturity in communications and decision making
- Excels at troubleshooting and multi-tasking
- Ability to work long hours while maintaining a positive demeanor in a dynamic yet exciting environment
- Enjoyment of travel including airports, Ubers, minivans, and road trips
- Willingness to share a hotel room during events with same-gender-identifying colleague
- Capable of lifting 50 pounds unassisted
- Background, drug, and alcohol screening required
- Execute announcement and playback music for each performance
- Communicate with audience regarding schedule changes and PSAs to keep attendees in the loop during the event
- Provide entertaining dialog and professional representation as the voice of Spotlight
- Collaborate with the Stage Manager to ensure a smooth running performance order
- Manage client music files for optimum performance
- Work with the Technical Assistant to ensure proper setup and functionality of audio equipment, especially the speakers and microphones
No longer accepting applications
Don't miss out! Drop your email to get notified for Presenter roles
How It Works
Create your Profile for Free
Build your Twine portfolio to highlight your skills, and experience, while setting your desired pay rate.
Send Customized Pitches
Pitch for available jobs that match your skills, and access exclusive opportunities that are specifically tailored to your expertise.
Secure Payment Process
Clients make upfront Vault payments held by Twine, ensuring freelancer payment security, with 0% commission for freelancers.