Czinger: Software Engineer OBD (Temp) Torrance, United States
Developer is needed in Torrance, United States.
This job has been crawled from the web.
Location: Torrance, CA
Czinger’s halo vehicle, the 21C hypercar, has received global attention for its record-breaking performance and the revolutionary design and manufacturing technology it embodies. It is the physical representation of over 550 patents filed across A.I. based generative design, materials, additive manufacturing, and assembly. This novel technology and world class engineering has enabled the 21C to set production lap records at both Laguna Seca and Circuit of the Americas. As a business Czinger is the unique combination of a deep technology company, consumer product company, and performance brand.
Position: Software Engineer
Czinger Vehicles Inc is a subsidiary of Divergent and is based in Los Angeles, California. Divergent is on a mission to democratize the design and manufacture of vehicles and has invented a manufacturing system that combines software, additive manufacturing, and assembly technologies to radically reduce the material, energy, time and capital required to design and build vehicles.
The Czinger 21C is the first whole vehicle demonstration of that technology; a revolutionary hyper car built for the 21st century. This includes what will be the world’s most power dense production engine at the heart of its state of the art, hybrid powertrain. A twin turbo 2.88 liter V8 combines with twin electric motors on the front axle, that are powered by cells that are currently used in the latest F1 hybrid systems, to deliver in excess of 1250bhp and breathtaking performance.
Complete running vehicles have been designed and built and have undergone extensive on and off-track testing and development.
Czinger vehicles is embarking on the exciting journey of producing fully homologated and crash validated vehicles and is looking for a Software Engineer for the Vehicle Integration for a 6 month Temporary Role.
What You’ll Do:
- Concept design through development and production of elements of the software engineering to meet regulatory requirements
- Integrate and evaluate OBD software using related tools (ex. Raptor Dev/Cal)
- Develop the subsystem/component bench systems and report the test results
- Develop and maintain the firmware/configuration files
- Troubleshoot and modify software applying hands-on skills (ex. CANalyzer)
- Work closely and support other members of the vehicle integration teams
- Support vehicle test event if necessary
Who You Are:
- Possess bachelor’s degree, a Computer Science degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years working in automotive software system design and development
- Minimum 3 years professional working experiences with MATLAB/Simulink
- Hands-on experience in the development of vehicle software system through concept, prototype, testing and production
- Understanding of automotive V-cycle engineering development process
- Experience in software design release. Ideally New Eagle Moto Hawk or Raptor software
- Extensive experience with OBD regulations and implementation into a vehicle program
- Extensive knowledge/skills on analog/digital electrical circuit design & analysis are desirable
- Extensive knowledge/skills on vehicle network systems (ex. CAN/LIN)
- Extensive knowledge/skills on C/C++ software development are desirable
- Experience of dealing with a network of external software engineering related suppliers/vendors
- Experience of working in a highly energetic team and delivering a program to aggressive deadlines
- Ability to write technical specification requirements
- Ability to read and understand technical documents, drawings, specifications, etc
- Ability to read and process test data
- Ability to present to team members
- Good time management and self-motivated
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Develops thorough understanding and passion for Divergent and Czinger Vehicles
- You are passionate about sustainability and cleantech
How It Works
Create your Profile for Free
Build your Twine portfolio to highlight your skills, and experience, while setting your desired pay rate.
Send Customized Pitches
Pitch for available jobs that match your skills, and access exclusive opportunities that are specifically tailored to your expertise.
Secure Payment Process
Clients make upfront Vault payments held by Twine, ensuring freelancer payment security, with 0% commission for freelancers.