Hippo Digital Limited: Interaction/UX Designers Leeds, United Kingdom
UX Designer is needed in Leeds, United Kingdom.
This job has been crawled from the web.
Client: Hippo Digital Limited
Location: Leeds, UK
About The Role
Hippo Digital is looking to build a talent pool of talented Interaction/UX Designers for current and future contractor opportunities. Due to the variety of our projects and clients, we have Inside IR35 positions available on a short-term or long-term basis with fully remote/flexible working arrangements. Interaction/ UX designers ensure that people using a service can do what they need to do, when they need to do it, in a way that is easy for them. Working with user researchers, they identify what users need from a service and use that information to inform their design decisions. Champions of user-centred design, they work with other Agile team members to test and iterate designs, and advise clients on how to get the best from Interaction/UX design.
What you’ll do
- Advise clients on how to solve complex problems using interaction/UX design, people-centred design and Agile methodologies
- Lead multidisciplinary Agile teams to design services that meet identified user needs
- Advocate inclusive approaches and styles within interaction/UX design
- Build supportive relationships with clients and stakeholders, yet challenge ideas and manage difficult conversations
- Support other Interaction/UX designers and advise other colleagues on how to get the best from Interaction/UX design
- Promote Hippo’s people-centred design offer both internally and externally
Skills and experience that you need
- Advanced interaction/UX design skills, with experience of applying these across different environments
- Experience of working in multidisciplinary Agile teams to design and deliver people-centred services
- Experience of designing for diverse users, including those with accessibility or assisted digital needs
- Proven experience of championing interaction/UX and service design approaches
- Experience of mentoring/training other interaction/UX designers
- Advanced communication and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to manage conflict and convey difficult messages with tact and sensitivity
- A good understanding of other Agile roles across design, product and tech
- Strong consultancy and leadership skills, and confidence in exploring problem spaces with clients to determine the most appropriate way forward
What makes us great
Hi, we’re Hippo Digital. At Hippo Digital, we design with empathy and build for impact. We do this by combining data-informed evidence, human-centred design and software engineering. We’re a digital services partner who is genuinely invested in helping our clients thrive as modern organisations. Our delivery methodology is truly agile, from concept to reality, supporting innovation and continuous improvement to achieve your desired outcomes.
We firmly believe that technology should serve humanity, not the other way around. We take a human-centred approach to everything we do because we understand that complex problems require a service design approach. This means understanding how users behave and ensuring our solutions work for them in the real world.
Our combination of data, design, and engineering delivers bespoke digital services that make a positive and meaningful impact on organisations and society. We’re confident in our abilities, authentic in our approach, and passionate about what we do. If you’re looking for a digital services partner that can deliver real results, let us help you build for the future and make a lasting impact.
Diversity and Inclusion at Hippo Digital: A commitment to lasting change
At Hippo Digital, we’re wholeheartedly dedicated to promoting diversity, equality and inclusion. For us, it’s not about checking off boxes but about making a true, lasting difference. Having a diverse team unlocks our capacity for innovation, creativity and problem-solving while fostering an inclusive environment that benefits everyone. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply and join us on this important journey.
No longer accepting applications
Don't miss out! Drop your email to get notified for UX Designer roles
How It Works
Create your Profile for Free
Build your Twine portfolio to highlight your skills, and experience, while setting your desired pay rate.
Send Customized Pitches
Pitch for available jobs that match your skills, and access exclusive opportunities that are specifically tailored to your expertise.
Secure Payment Process
Clients make upfront Vault payments held by Twine, ensuring freelancer payment security, with 0% commission for freelancers.