FFW : Scrum Master - remote
We have an amazing Scrum Master opportunity within the pharma sector. Are you the right choice for this position?
Type of contract:
- Freelance (b2b / c2c)
No. of hours of work per week:
- 40 (8 hours per day, 5 days per week)
Time zone to work:
- GMT/US EST (overlapping is required)
- 1 year
- Remote (you can work from anywhere)
About the team
The Technical Engineering Practice purpose is to establish a development culture framework by providing DevSecOps Best Practices, Playbooks, and Standards to support the engineering activities within the Solution Delivery Lifecycle (SDLC). Our role is to develop, document, communicate and maintain technology standards and best practices as well as developing leading edge solutions that will benefit the C&CCC organization by creating an efficient engineering practice at scale leading to superior Developer Experience (DX).
We understand that building the right solution can be difficult. Therefore, we organize ourselves around goals, and value shipping early and iterating to achieve them. We are not afraid to change direction if our goals are not being met. The DevOps culture and way of working is fundamental to how we learn and support each other while delivering solutions to our users.
The Scrum Master role is accountable for ensuring Product Owners and Development Teams maximize the business value of products within the team. This role is responsible for ensuring the team lives agile values and principles and follows the processes and practices that the team agreed they would use for continuous development and delivery of products and solutions. This role will be working with a talented team of functional/technical experts, who are key proponents of Agile practices and values, using these to help drive forward the program of digital transformation and generative AI, that empowers the Client’s customer-oriented vision. This senior position requires an individual with a proven ability to lead/coach teams across a variety of technologies, delivering solutions that meet and exceed stakeholder expectations.
What awaits you
- The projects that the Scrum Master manages are often complex and global in nature. To ensure their success, they will be expected to plan scrum implementations effectively, ensuring that goals, scope, and product domain are understood by everyone on the Scrum Team.
- Lead and coordinate Sprint Planning, Daily Scrums, Sprint Reviews, and Sprint Retrospectives;
- Coach Product Owners, helping them create clear and concise Product Backlog Items, ensuring they know how to arrange the Product Backlog to maximize value;
- Understand the project’s functional/technical requirements and provide leadership to the functional/technical teams, helping them to solve some of the more complex challenges and engendering a collaborative, knowledge-sharing environment;
- Establish an environment where the Scrum team can be as effective as possible, addressing team dynamics, and ensuring a good relationship between the development team and product owner;
- Support the development team in maintaining a steady delivery rate, protecting them from outside interruptions, and removing impediments to their progress;
- Actively promote Scrum within the organization, working with other Scrum masters to increase the effectiveness/adoption of Scrum.
- Lean/Agile leader – Helps the team embrace agile core values, and adopt, and apply those principles, and implementation practices.
What you bring
- Relevant experience as an information technology professional in roles such as a software developer, technical project manager, systems administrator, database administrator, systems engineer, computer engineer or support specialist, engineering lead, and technical team lead;
- Proven experience (8+ years) as a Scrum Master in software development, preferably with AI or machine learning projects;
- Good understanding of generative AI technology and its applications;
- Have demonstrated ability and experience in technology solutions delivery in a pharmaceutical or regulated environment with demonstrated capabilities managing large-scale, enterprise software requirements definition, designs, and implementations in global 24-by-7 environments;
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information Management, Computer Science, Engineering, Technology Management, or relevant disciplines;
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to establish relationships, influence outcomes, and deliver effective presentations to a variety of audiences;
- Excellent skills in planning, analysis, oral and written communication, consensus building, facilitation, negotiation, and the ability to readily learn a new business area;
- Proven capability in leading projects in an Agile/DevOps environment;
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or equivalent Agile certification;
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry is a plus.
You can expect from our recruitment process to look like this:
- “Get to know you” chat with a member of our Talent Team;
- A technical video interview with one of our colleagues from the development team;
- And finally an offer!
No longer accepting applications
Don't miss out! Drop your email to get notified for DevOps Developer roles
How It Works
Create your Profile for Free
Build your Twine portfolio to highlight your skills, and experience, while setting your desired pay rate.
Send Customized Pitches
Pitch for available jobs that match your skills, and access exclusive opportunities that are specifically tailored to your expertise.
Secure Payment Process
Clients make upfront Vault payments held by Twine, ensuring freelancer payment security, with 0% commission for freelancers.