Digital Marketing Associate—Part Time—Wyner Family Jewish Heritage Center Boston, United States
Digital Marketer is needed in Boston, United States.
Client: American Ancestors
Location: Boston, MA
Contract: Part-time, Freelance
The Wyner Family Jewish Heritage Center (JHC) at American Ancestors seeks a detail-oriented and creative individual to join its team as Digital Marketing Associate. This new position will increase awareness of and engagement with the JHC by managing the JHC’s social media presence; promoting JHC programs, resources, and events across multiple digital platforms; and updating the JHC website, among other responsibilities.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Digital Marketing Associate will be a key member of the JHC team, helping to promote the mission, work, and programs of the Jewish Heritage Center. The successful candidate will demonstrate a creative approach to communicating about Jewish history and archives and to building engaged, enthusiastic audiences.
This is a part-time, hourly non-exempt position. The position is scheduled as working 17.5 hours a week (schedule to be mutually determined). As such, the position is an excellent opportunity for a graduate student, freelance worker, or parent to work a flexible, part-time schedule for a lively Jewish history group situated within a larger nonprofit history organization. The job can be done remotely; availability for occasional onsite work is preferred.
- Create and implement social media plans.
- Draft marketing copy for a variety of platforms and purposes.
- Update website as needed.
- Work with archives and program staff to communicate about and create interest in the JHC’s historical resources and programs in a dynamic way.
- Research and build contact lists to support key activities and programs.
- Assist with compiling audience metrics.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Demonstrable track record of establishing institutional personality and voice through social media and using social media platforms effectively to increase organizational awareness, use, and engagement.
- Experience and comfort with content management systems (Wordpress or Drupal).
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Proficiency with Office applications.
- Excellent online research skills.
- Familiarity with image editing software.
- Openness and eagerness to learn new skills and take on new projects as assigned.
- Collaborative, positive team player.
- Experience with mail delivery systems, such as Hubspot or Constant Contact
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, database management, and other analytical tools
- Interest in history and/or Jewish history
- Understanding of archives and library practices
- Interest in mission-based organizations
$28-30 per hour, 17.5 hours per week.
About the Wyner Family Jewish Heritage Center
The Wyner Family Jewish Heritage Center (JHC) at New England Historic Genealogical Society is an archive and educational center dedicated to preserving Jewish history, connecting people to their Jewish heritage, and illuminating the American Jewish experience. Through its extensive archival collections focused on New England Jewish families and institutions; educational resources; support of research and scholarship; and public programming, the JHC engages historians, genealogists, students, and the general public in the study of Jewish history, heritage, and culture. The JHC is based at American Ancestors/New England Historic Genealogical Society, the country’s founding genealogical organization.
No longer accepting applications
Don't miss out! Drop your email to get notified for Digital Marketer roles
How It Works
Create your Profile for Free
Build your Twine portfolio to highlight your skills, and experience, while setting your desired pay rate.
Send Customized Pitches
Pitch for available jobs that match your skills, and access exclusive opportunities that are specifically tailored to your expertise.
Secure Payment Process
Clients make upfront Vault payments held by Twine, ensuring freelancer payment security, with 0% commission for freelancers.