Presentation & Event Designer Harrisburg, United States
Presentation Designer is needed in Harrisburg, United States.
JPL’s Live Experience Design team creates large- and small-scale live experiences, experiential marketing, and digital presentations for a host of clients across the world.
We are looking for a freelance designer who has the ability to translate complex information into visually stunning and impactful presentations. In addition to designing top-notch presentations, you’ll have the opportunity to work on many aspects of event design including the ming and space design.
- You are able to digest complex processes and re imagine them into simple visuals
- You have some experience designing presentations but want to collaborate with an experienced team to learn all the tricks of designing stellar decks in PowerPoint
- You understand the importance of an in-person experience at events or conferences and want to learn what goes in to making it all happen
- You jive with strategists, designers, creative, tech, motion artists, account management, and clients to ensure creative vision is carried through
- You’re a balanced left-brain / right-brain thinker with the ability to think in the clouds and quickly land ideas into the practical world
- You’re an outgoing people person
- You welcome other’s opinions and input and are constantly looking for ways to make your designs even better
- You’re great as a cross-functional team player and understand the “all hands-on deck” mentality
- A fast-past environment is your comfort zone, and you’re capable of moving rapidly between mediums, projects, and tasks
- You thrive and stay cool as a cucumber under pressure
- You’re never satisfied with the work but have the ability to move on and put effort toward improving the next piece based on what you just learned
- You totally get the importance of beautiful typography and hierarchy of design
- You wish every presentation you saw was as bad ass as your favorite TED Talk
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud programs (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Acrobat
- You understand the importance of great customer service
- Designing in PPT doesn’t scare you
- Positive can-do attitude and excited to venture into new realms of the design world
- Great organization and communication skills
Are you experienced
- 2+ years of experience working as a designer in any medium
- Associate degree in a design-related field
- Portfolio of work showcasing your designer chops, specifically, how you translate the complex into a cohesive story or theme
Applications must include a portfolio of work samples. Resumes received without work samples will not be considered.
Responsibilities/What the work may look like
- Collaborate with account managers and strategists to understand the goals of a specific presentation or event
- Participate in brainstorming the big idea for presentations or events and help plan how the team can bring it to life
- Work with senior presentation designers to develop design themes and templates in PPT
- Concept and design print pieces that tie into the overall theme to be used throughout the event space
- Getting creative with Photoshop to mockup event signage within a space
- Think through how attendees will flow through the event space and translate insights into all the interaction points: pre-event, during the event and post-event
- Collaborate with senior designers and motion teams to create stunning content in PPT that make the presenter shine onstage
- Tell compelling stories through the visuals you create in PPT
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page