Fashion Designer Brighton, United Kingdom
Designer is needed in Brighton, United Kingdom.
KILLSTAR clothing is currently recruiting a Mid to Senior-Level Fashion / Garment Designer to join their Brighton based design team. The role requires an individual with industry experience in a similar role and a comprehensive knowledge of product development from initial conception thru to sales.
As the successful candidate, you will demonstrate a flair for alternative/gothic fashion and an understanding of commercial design, possess excellent drawing skills, and have practical knowledge of garment construction.
The role includes, but is not limited to, the following duties
- Garment design.
- Drawing of technical flats and design sheets.
- Catalog and presentation drawing.
- Selection and approval of fabric and trims.
- Comprehensive review of styles thru formal fit and sealing.
The ideal candidate will
- Demonstrate an interest or understanding of gothic/alternative fashion.
- Would propose products that meet agreed design aesthetic & brand values.
- Understand technical specification standards and garment construction.
- Have practical knowledge and/or experience with international production methods.
- Be fluent in the use of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Be able to produce high-quality work to targets and tight deadlines.
- Will be team orientated with good communication, organisational and motivational skills.
- Be able to work without supervision but be part of a team.
The role is based in Central Brighton, is full-time, and would be on a freelance basis with flexible working hours. Pay dependent on experience.
To apply please include 2 examples of your work with your application or links in your CV.
- fashion design: 3 years (Required)
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page