Datafold: Marketing Designer
Experienced and inventive Visual Marketing Designer needed to join proactive data observability platform, Datafold.
Datafold is a proactive data observability platform that helps Data Teams move faster, with confidence, by automating data quality analysis, monitoring, and common repetitive tasks in data engineering workflow. It’s a category-defining product in a rapidly growing data domain.
For those unfamiliar with the data domain, the nature of the Datafold product is similar to APM tools such as Prometheus, Datadog, and New Relic - collecting and integrating metadata about their customers’ data infrastructure, pipelines and datasets and provide valuable insights.
This is a hands-on design role, with opportunity for impact and influence over the visual language we use in talking about the Datafold product.
You’ll report to the Head of Growth and will collaborate directly with multiple partners across content, product design, copywriting, engineering and production to push the business, brand, and company mission forward.
Also - the Growth Team is all based in Pacific Times, so being able to work with Pacific Times is strongly preferred for easy collaborations and fast execution.
Datafold are a growing team that builds compelling and informative visual narratives for marketing campaigns, web pages, and in-product communications.
They work across deliverables: Datafold website, conference collaterals, paid ads, blogs, social media, videos, animation, slides, merchandising, and print.
The designer needs to be conceptual, strategic, kind, can share and sell ideas, and encourage others to share theirs.
You’ve adjusted your design process to flourish in a primarily remote work environment.
You’re a graphics generalist that knows what it takes to develop high-quality creative, how to rally people around your ideas, what your strengths are and when to bring in specialists to help.
You take ownership of projects from concept through execution, QA, and iteration.
What you’ll do:
- Support all marketing design efforts ranging from website redesign, landing pages creation, create visual elements for social media posts, blogs, newsletters, and etc.
- Work with product designer to ensure the consistent look and feel of the website and in-product experience.
- Take ownership of projects from concept through execution, QA, and iteration.
- Propose creative concepts based on product communication needs and customer insights, and support those ideas through hands-on, detailed design and production.
- Help shape brand standards and design systems - identify opportunities to simplify way of working and unify the Datafold look-and-feel at scale.
What you bring:
- 3+ years of design experience working as a designer supporting marketing projects team
- Well-honed eye for typography, color, composition, and motion
- A power user of Figma, Webflow, and other design and web development tools. You’ll be the primary maintainer of their Webflow website.
- Working knowledge of After Effects, C4D, or other motion design tools
- Experience building and modifying websites via CMS, markdown, or directly writing code
- Strong product loved by top-tier unicorn customers & backed by all-star investors
- Full responsibility from day one and being part of their hierarchy-free and results-driven culture
- Opportunity to define & build a brand from scratch and grow it
- Able to contribute to high visibility projects and have your work be seen by the top investor community
In what capacity are you hiring?
On behalf of another company
Where are you in the hiring process?
I’m ready to make a paid hire
Would you like to state a preference for hiring from underrepresented group(s)?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
Is this an independent one off job, or part of a larger project?
Part of a larger ongoing project
For what period of time will the freelancer be needed?
What freelancer experience level is needed? (per hour)
Mid-level (Industry Average): $35-75
Have you used graphic design services before?
What do you need designed?
Advertising materials, Web / digital art, Branding