Modern Tribe: Visual Designer
Talented, detail oriented Visual Designer needed to join the Modern Tribe team. Their projects involve creating large-scale digital design systems for high-profile clients across multiple industries including higher education, sports, food and beverage and more.
Modern Tribe are looking for experienced designers, comfortable working at any point in the design process. The successful designers should love research, ideate in low and high fidelity, and are comfortable reading and writing spec documents. Whether they’re designing applications, new products, or websites, the designers should be focused on empowering users and achieving results.
Above and beyond your individual talents, Modern Tribe are looking for someone to join the team. They’re a very collaborative bunch, eager for feedback, with the work executed being the product of the team.
If you’re excited about learning from others, and helping others – you’ll find a good home here.
- Asset Design - Including websites, products and apps and a variety of digital and physical assets.
- Client Expectations - Master the needs of clients – working within the boundaries of their brand while elevating them by generating original concepts
- Brand Guidelines - Integrate stringent brand guidelines to create a rich look and feel.
- Collaborate - Work with a multi disciplinary team to execute within the entire design lifecycle including research, wireframing, prototyping, visual design and testing.
- Design Systems - Create new design systems and contribute to existing systems.
- Communication - Speak to clients and stakeholders and present your work. Use design to elevate the storytelling capabilities for Modern Tribe clients and team.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Expansive experience designing large scale/high profile websites
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- You produce smart and beautiful design, demonstrating a strong understanding of typography, color and layout
- Demonstrate diverse taste, with the knowledge of what styles are appropriate to apply to a given task or project
- Knowledge of UI design, UX design, product design, and the creative process.
- Strong understanding of current design tools
- Take pride in and value team success.
- Experience in content creation, marketing, and copywriting
- Demonstrable history of working on large-scale projects and producing holistic design systems
- Understanding of product development lifecycle
Modern Tribe is committed to a culture that embraces diversity and inclusion. They foster an environment of collaboration, open engagement, fairness and respect regardless of differences in age, race, ability, national origin, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status.
This role is open to freelance contractors. Hourly rate range is USD $45-$65 per hour commensurate with background, qualifications and experience.
This role is remote, with the ability to work from anywhere in North, Central or South America. If your timezone is outside of US business hours but you work at least 3-4+ hours of overlap each day, Modern Tribe would like to hear from you. You must be fluent in English, with a computer and strong wifi signal to support daily video chats with the Tribe.
In what capacity are you hiring?
On behalf of another company
Where are you in the hiring process?
I’m ready to make a paid hire
Would you like to state a preference for hiring from underrepresented group(s)?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
Is this an independent one off job, or part of a larger project?
Part of a larger ongoing project
For what period of time will the freelancer be needed?
What freelancer experience level is needed? (per hour)
Mid-level (Industry Average): $35-75
Have you used graphic design services before?
What do you need designed?
Advertising materials, Branding