University of North Carolina Wilmington: Temporary Graphic Designer (Temporary Staff/Professional) Wilmington, United States
Graphic Designer is needed in Wilmington, United States.
This job has been crawled from the web.
Client: University of North Carolina Wilmington
Location: Wilmington, NC
Please note, this is a temporary position. The length of the assignment will be based on department need with the possibility of continuation. Temporary assignments cannot exceed 11 consecutive months without a full 31-day break from employment. Employees in temporary positions are not considered permanent state employees and do not earn leave. Temporary employees are subject to the Affordable Care Act guidelines.
Brief Summary of Work for this Position
The University of North Carolina Wilmington, the state’s coastal university, is dedicated to the integration of teaching, mentoring, research, and service. Widely acknowledged for its world-class faculty and staff and continuously recognized at a national level for scholarly excellence and affordability, UNCW offers a powerful academic experience that stimulates creative inquiry and critical thinking and a community rich in diversity, inclusion and global perspectives.
A public institution with over 18,000 students, UNCW offers a full range of baccalaureate- and graduate-level programs, as well as doctoral degrees in educational leadership, marine biology, nursing practice and psychology; and many distance learning options, including clinical research, an accelerated RN-to-BSN program, an Executive M.B.A. program structured for working professionals, and the nation’s only bachelor’s degree program focused on coastal engineering.
The university’s efforts to advance research and scholarly activities have earned UNCW the elevated designation of “Doctoral Universities: High Research Activity” institution (R2 University) by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education.
UNCW has been part of the University of North Carolina System since 1969.
Graphic Designer, (Temporary) (Temporary Staff/Professional)
- Serve as the temporary graphic designer for the UNCW Athletic Department.
- This position will be responsible for helping to create a consistent brand identity for Athletics.
- Create content for use on video boards, social media, print, website, recruiting and other communication tools.
- Design artwork for a variety of promotional giveaway items.
- Assist with creating and enhancing content within the department’s current marketing campaign.
- Proactively work within a small team environment and manage multiple projects at once.
- Report directly to the Sr. Assoc. AD for Sports Communication.
- Additional duties as assigned by the director of athletics.
- This is a 10-month position: August 1, 2023 - May 30, 2024.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud and graphic design applications.
- Previous experience in collegiate or professional sports preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Organized, dependable, punctual, willing to learn and a self-starter.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and some holidays. Some travel may be required.
Type of Position
Anticipated Hiring Range
$1,000 per month
No longer accepting applications
Don't miss out! Drop your email to get notified for Graphic Designer roles
How It Works
Create your Profile for Free
Build your Twine portfolio to highlight your skills, and experience, while setting your desired pay rate.
Send Customized Pitches
Pitch for available jobs that match your skills, and access exclusive opportunities that are specifically tailored to your expertise.
Secure Payment Process
Clients make upfront Vault payments held by Twine, ensuring freelancer payment security, with 0% commission for freelancers.