University Enterprises, Inc.: Student Assistant - Graphic Designer Sacramento, United States
Graphic Designer is needed in Sacramento, United States.
This job has been crawled from the web.
Client: University Enterprises, Inc.
Location: Sacramento, CA
The Secretary of State (SOS) is seeking to hire a student assistant to work on the Voter Services Team as a graphic designer, creating and editing a wide variety of print, web, and audio/visual projects to promote elections and voting in California. Elections team members are expected to provide the highest quality customer service to state elected officials, county elections officials, staff members, candidates for elected offices, our constituents, California voters, military and overseas voters, persons registering to vote, campaign organizations, established political parties, interested parties and other local individuals with their concerns, questions, requests, and comments.
Conditions of Employment
This is a part-time, temporary, non-benefited, student position. Employment in all positions with University Enterprises, Inc. is dependent upon the mutual consent of University Enterprises, Inc. and the employee. This means that either University Enterprises, Inc. or the employee can, at any time, terminate the employment relationship at will, with or without cause.
Depending on the type of position you are applying for, a pre-employment background check consisting of one or more of the following may be conducted: employment history, professional references, criminal check: educational verification (degree, license, or official transcript) or DMV clearance. Applicants will be required to pass required pre-employment checks to the satisfaction of University Enterprises, Inc. (UEI) and the hiring Agency or Department.
UEI does not allow students to hold more than one UEI Job at a time, or work in more than one account per pay period. UEI employees who are considering leaving their current UEI Student assistant position for a different UEI student assistant positing should inform their supervisor in writing and provide at least a week’s notice.
Must be a college student attending classes during the regular term (Fall, Spring and Winter, if applicable), at one of the accredited colleges or universities on our affiliation list.
To view our current affiliation list please paste the following URL into your browser:
Students must be enrolled at a minimum in: six semester units or nine quarter units for undergraduate students; four semester units or six quarter units for graduate students.
Students declared major must match the major(s) listed in the job posting.
Majors/Fields of Study
Digital Media, Graphic Design
F lexible workdays and work hours, Monday – Friday, between 8 AM – 5 PM. The final work schedule will be determined by the supervisor.
Must be available to work on the day before and each statewide Election Day.
Additional Work Schedule
Student Assistant and Graduate Assistant employees generally work up to 24 hours per workweek (Sunday – Saturday) during the academic year and up to 40 hours per workweek during breaks; (winter, spring, and summer).
- Must be familiar with general office procedures and possess exceptional customer service skills in a professional office setting.
- Must have experience with InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Publisher, in addition to Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and the Internet.
- Must have good attendance and be punctual and professional.
- Be self-motivated, and able to follow directions and work individually and as part of a team.
- Must maintain accurate records by paying strict attention to detail to track tasks and maintain version control when working on multiple assignments with tight deadlines.
- Must be reliable and have strong language and grammar skills.
- Exceptional communication to communicate effectively with the public as well as all levels of staff.
Candidates possessing bilingual skills are highly encouraged to apply, especially candidates with Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, Tagalog, Thai, Khmer, and Hindi speaking skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the close supervision of the Voter Services Manager, the student assistant works closely with several teams to design, create, and edit a variety of projects.
- Projects may include flyers, brochures, posters, web content, videos, animations, forms, logo design, and more.
- Additional duties in other division programs include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting voters in person, by phone, and through written correspondence.
- Opening and sorting voter registration cards and other mail.
- Answering live calls or retrieving phone messages from the voter hotline.
- Assisting with mass mail-outs including creating spreadsheets, packets and labels, distributing voter education and outreach materials.
- Using Microsoft Office Suite to assist staff with various projects and statistical programs to enter and analyze data.
- Attending new citizen ceremonies and other outreach events to distribute voter registration information.
Sit for extended periods; frequently stand and walk; manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination; corrected hearing and vision to normal range; verbal communication; use of office equipment including computer workstations, telephones, calculators, copiers, printers, and scanners with or without reasonable accommodation.
Work is performed in an office environment.
Please complete all fields of the employment application. Include your educational history in the “Educational Experience” section and any employment history in the “Employment Experience” section of our application.
Apply by: 11/30/2023
The Elections Division oversees all federal and state elections within California. In every statewide election, California prepares voter information pamphlets in ten languages — English, Spanish, Chinese, Hindi, Japanese, Khmer, Korean, Tagalog, Thai and Vietnamese — for approximately 22 million registered voters. As the chief elections officer for the largest state in the nation, the California Secretary of State tests and certifies all voting equipment for security, accuracy, reliability and accessibility in order to ensure that every vote is counted as it was cast. The Secretary also ensures election laws and campaign disclosure requirements are enforced, maintains a statewide database of all registered voters, certifies the official lists of candidates for elections, tracks and certifies ballot initiatives, compiles election returns and certifies election results, educates California citizens about their voting rights, and promotes voter registration and participation.
To learn more visit: https://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/
Based on your answers to one or more questions, it appears you do not meet the minimum qualifications for the position. We are unable to move your application forward in the process. If you have questions, please contact us at 916-278-7003 or email us at email@example.com.
No longer accepting applications
Don't miss out! Drop your email to get notified for Graphic Designer roles
How It Works
Create your Profile for Free
Build your Twine portfolio to highlight your skills, and experience, while setting your desired pay rate.
Send Customized Pitches
Pitch for available jobs that match your skills, and access exclusive opportunities that are specifically tailored to your expertise.
Secure Payment Process
Clients make upfront Vault payments held by Twine, ensuring freelancer payment security, with 0% commission for freelancers.