Warner Bros. Discovery : Senior Artist, Technical (UI) (Temporary) Olympia, United States
UI Designer is needed in Olympia, United States.
Client: Warner Bros. Discovery
Location: Olympia, WA
Contract: Not Found
Job DescriptionWho We Are…
When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what’s next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
WB Games is looking for an experienced Artist, Technical (UI) to help develop the product vision as we endeavor to create the next generation strategy games. You’ll be partnering with creative developers to help solve, and innovate new UI systems and layouts in mobile gaming.
- Interpret high-fidelity mockups, wireframes and other supporting UX documentation to bring ideas to life through art layouts and in engine implementation of UI elements.
- Consult on best practices for setting up and architecting UI in engine that is both optimally performant, efficient to modify, and visually appealing.
- Bring vibrancy to the user interface through player interactions, animations and unexpectedly delightful experiences.
- Collaborate on process and product with designers, producers, engineers, product managers, and QA in addition to the art team.
- Stay on the cutting edge of UI technology and best practices through research, experimentation and innovation of UI tools and applications.
- An outstanding portfolio that demonstrates your ability to build world class UI experiences. Please include links to your work.
- Ability to understand user experience and design intention when building user interfaces.
- Attention to detail and understanding of what a highly polished experience entails.
- Good time-management, communication and organization skills.
- Familiarity with Unity’s UI tools, as well as a broader understanding of Unity in general, including UI animation methods.
- Familiarity with optimizing art assets for optimal performance while maintaining image fidelity.
- Demonstrated knowledge of graphic layout principles, iconography, and composition.
- The ability to talk about design and how design decisions are formed with peers.
- Knowledge of general game development processes and UI best practices.
- A love of UI/UX design that provides a fresh perspective to challenges.
- Shipped two game titles working within engine in UI art or UX/Design discipline.
The Nice to Haves
- Experience with Photoshop, Figma and other design software.
- Experience in other areas of game development.
- Passions and hobbies beyond UI/UX design that provide you a fresh perspective when looking at different challenges.
- Knowledgeable in mobile UI best practices and requirements.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
No longer accepting applications
Don't miss out! Drop your email to get notified for UI Designer roles
How It Works
Create your Profile for Free
Build your Twine portfolio to highlight your skills, and experience, while setting your desired pay rate.
Send Customized Pitches
Pitch for available jobs that match your skills, and access exclusive opportunities that are specifically tailored to your expertise.
Secure Payment Process
Clients make upfront Vault payments held by Twine, ensuring freelancer payment security, with 0% commission for freelancers.