Advantage Technical: UI/UX Designer Austin TX or Fremont CA Austin, TX, United States
UI Designer is needed in Austin, TX, United States.
Client: Advantage Technical
Location: Austin, TX
Advantage Technical is seeking a UX Designer for our client onsite in Austin, TX or Fremont, CA through December 2024! This person will work in the EHS&S dept. – Systems and Tools. Number of days in office is negotiable.
Looking for someone with 2-3 years of experience post-college. Strength of portfolio, critical thinking skills, ability to be flexible and not be mired by perfectionism if it negatively affects delivery are key.
This person should be creative, likes to have fun, and do a lot of leg work doing field research is needed. This position will require travel, at least domestically. This position does include working under pressure of multiple deadlines.
Reporting to the MyEHS Manager, EHS&S Systems and Tools, this position is all about studying the user experience and measuring how easy it is to interact with the internally built EHS Systems and Tools, complete workflows in an efficient manner, and improve ease-of-use capabilities. A successful candidate will have demonstrated analytical and creative user experience design prowess, one who is able to grasp user needs – latent and explicit - and solve problems creatively and quickly, while improving overall look and feel of the EHS Systems.
This individual will work closely with members of the Global Operations, EHS, IT Applications and Business Intelligence teams to turn EHS Systems into something diverse pool of users around the globe can enjoy using.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Product and Project Managers, understand development process, sprint schedule, and deployment for various EHS&S systems and tools.
- Understand product specifications and user psychology through in-person and online interaction.
- Conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback across multiple user groups.
- Create personas through user research and data.
- Define the right interaction model and evaluate its success.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability)
- Create an intuitive and visually appealing interface for product design.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers
- Collaborate and build partnerships with stakeholders, end users, and IT Applications teams to ensure seamless integration and adoption of EHS systems and processes.
- Drive and execute analysis of current processes to identify process improvement opportunities.
- Not be afraid to fail, scrap, re-do, and improve on designs based on feedback.
- Customer needs – both functional and emotional – are at the center of what we do/
Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience as a UX Designer, UI Designer or similar role
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps.
- Strong portfolio of design projects is a plus.
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
- Proficient in design software (e.g. Figma)
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Analytical mind with business acumen
- Naturally self-motivated and highly organized individual, able to gather and understand manifest and latent customer needs, then synthesize those into a delivery medium suitable for Development needs.
- Strong influencing and collaboration skills and ability to engage with high-performance teams and stakeholders at any level of the business.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to analyze data, leveraging information to provide clear, concise, and supported recommendations for design.
- Capacity to work independently and simultaneously handle a variety of complex matters under deadline pressure.
- Flexible, quick, and versatile thinker energized by the high demand and complex problems in front of them. Not afraid to speak their mind, but have a strong business case when not agreeing with the rest of the team.
- Experience in gaming, social media, or retail UI/UX is a plus.
- Alternatively, having previous experience in or understanding of Environment, Health, and Safety Software UI/UX Design.
After you have applied, download our Staffmark Group WorkNOW App to receive real-time job offers and apply for additional opportunities. You can download it from the App Store or get it on Google Play.
About Advantage Technical
With company roots going back over 30 years, Advantage Technical is an engineering and information technology services company and a national leader in the provision of technical resources today. These services include Staff Augmentation, Direct Placement, Project Resourcing and Outsourcing – delivered from 40 key market locations, by over 3500 specialized contractors, to over 500 clients across North America. Advantage Technical is a Best of Staffing Diamond Award winner for both Clients and Talent. For more information about the industries and services offered by Advantage Technical, please visit AdvantageTechnical.com.
Advantage Technical is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Technical is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
No longer accepting applications
Don't miss out! Drop your email to get notified for UI Designer roles
How It Works
Create your Profile for Free
Build your Twine portfolio to highlight your skills, and experience, while setting your desired pay rate.
Send Customized Pitches
Pitch for available jobs that match your skills, and access exclusive opportunities that are specifically tailored to your expertise.
Secure Payment Process
Clients make upfront Vault payments held by Twine, ensuring freelancer payment security, with 0% commission for freelancers.