Jewish Review of Books: Art Director (PT) Chicago, United States
Art Director is needed in Chicago, United States.
This job has been crawled from the web.
Client: Jewish Review of Books
Location: Chicago, United States
Contract: Part Time
- Lay out our print issue four times a year; implement all changes and corrections per editors from first proof through final
- Oversee the cover design and interior spot drawings from our illustrator
- Manage the acquisition of images and art for print and the web, including research, procurement, and licensing of images
- Supervise production, ensuring that each issue is converted to printer’s specs and uploaded and processed correctly
- Coordinate detailed communication with our printer regarding any technical and production troubleshooting
- Assist with, and potentially supervise, the details and design of our visual presence on our website and on social media
- Create marketing wraps / bind-ins for our print magazine, inhouse print and online ads, and art for online promotions
- Oversee our media kit and the art coming in from advertisers
- Communicate regularly with editors and be available for art needs as they arise
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 3 – 5 years of proven experience with laying out a print publication
- Excellent facility with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Acrobat
- Deep understanding of the aesthetics of page design and layout, incorporating images, art, and ads into balanced page layouts
- Familiarity with both the CMYK and RGB color processes
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities, able to interact with a broad range of people and working styles
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Familiarity with libraries, photo houses, art sites, institutions, and public domain sites to aid in image research and procurement
- Facility with Dropbox, MailChimp, Wordpress-based CMS, and social media platforms (currently Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter)
- Deep knowledge of Judaism and Jewish history and culture
- A sense of humor is always appreciated
Please apply by sending a cover letter and resume to Managing Editor Julie Sugar, with the subject line “Art Director.”
Note that interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis, and all applicants can expect to hear from us by early- to mid-September regarding the status of their application.
$30,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
No longer accepting applications
Don't miss out! Drop your email to get notified for Art Director roles
How It Works
Create your Profile for Free
Build your Twine portfolio to highlight your skills, and experience, while setting your desired pay rate.
Send Customized Pitches
Pitch for available jobs that match your skills, and access exclusive opportunities that are specifically tailored to your expertise.
Secure Payment Process
Clients make upfront Vault payments held by Twine, ensuring freelancer payment security, with 0% commission for freelancers.